Sign in to follow this  
Droppedpjk

Where do I start? EDIT:(Authentication of account 1 refused)

Question

I am dead-set on picking up this hobby and have chosen Hercules (Because everything about it sounds great)!

I want to make my own offline Ragnarok Private server for myself, and maybe online if I want a few friends to join me.

I've looked up several guides but most of them don't use Hercules, and I really don't have a single idea on how to incorporate it.

The main problem is, so far I am only certain that I know how to get Hercules onto my windows computer

But is Hercules all I need? Is there a COMPLETE list of every file I need to get started? Is there a guide using Hercules to set up a server?

I have searched and so far, It seems there are little gaps ranging from (what files do I need and what files they could be referring too.)

EDIT:

This is an update to the problem I am currently facing.

I am running on a Ultrabook Laptop, Windows 7 64 bit.

http://i.imgur.com/b0Awz2L.png (Screenshot of the issue)

Whenever I try to get to the character server my account is refused.

Any viable solutions?

Please do not post solutions that have to do with simple checks, if you read the rest of the topic, I have done it several times.

Edited by Droppedpjk

18 answers to this question

At last, I figured out what your problem is.

Check this out, this is my login img

The thing is you are trying to login using your server account and password

..You need to create a new Account. That could solve your problem

The first Authentication is for the server side. the second is for the character account.

GoodLuck :)

Edited by sevenzz23

Hi.

Hercules is a full server package but it relies on third party software such as MySQL or a hexed Korean client (and, of course, the tools for getting and compiling it and so). So, provided you have an Hercules copy, a MySQL server set where you want to host your RO (for simplicity reasons, you can run the SQL server wherever you want) and a client (I reccommend Judas' small client package on the client releases section since it works just out of the box and you won't need to perform some weird tricks for novices on the source).

About setting up Hercules, most of the old guides there are can still help you if you take care with some file renames, but you can use Patskie's guide if you want (if you use Judas' small client package you can skip step 13 since that client is already 20120418).

Hope this can help you!

P.S.: Moving to General Server Support section since I feel it fits way better there.

I've been doing more searches of course. I did eventually come to the realization that Hercules was only a small but extremely vital part of this..

I'm in the process of using Patskie's guide but I am ahead of myself since I actually don't have a  Clean KRO installation as of yet.

I don't plan on doing any shortcuts as of now, because if run into a problem I want to be positive that I am the cause of it and that i can learn from it of course.

The biggest problem is that I'm reading multiple topics, and I'm not totally sure if they have to do with the same idea or if their just another step in the process.

As far as I know I'm

Getting Hercules > Getting all the files I need to even begin > Patskie's > I dunno.

Hello,

• The major Ragnarok Online Emulator projects are similar in many ways, one reason most people prefer Hercules is that we support use of the newest Clients available which means there are often more features. Also Hercules has many unique features that are quite innovative in nature.
  • The latest Hercules Branch is not all that you will need to run a server, You will also need a Client & the necessary client-side files.
  • You will often hear "Server-Side & Client-Side" These are the two major sets of files needed to get a Server running. To the best of my knowledge there are no members who offer both as a single download, not oh Hercules or elsewhere, however you can find what you need fairly easily.
  • Any of the guides you find on setting up a ragnarok online server could possibly work for Hercules as all Athena based emulators will be setup basically using the same exact method. Some of the best information you can find on anything specific guide related information may be found on Hercules Wiki. 
  • A 64-Bit Windows 7 Operating System will not be a problem with running Hercules.

Here are some very useful Links for you:

http://herc.ws/board/files/file/25-hercules-win32-for-ragexe-20130703/

This is a Pre-compiled version of Hercules for Windows

http://paid.endlessro.de/2013-06-05Ragexe_Full_Client.exe

This is a complete Ragnarok Online Client Package <---This is "kRO"

Please look into this list of things;

Xampp, Server Compiling and Port Forwarding

Think of it as if you only need two parts: server-side and client-side.

For server-side, Patskie's guide sums it up pretty well, step by step and stating everything you need (I've read it again and I don't miss anything at the moment).

For the client-side, you need an official kRO installation (sorry I forgot it) and a custom client made to connect to your server. You can also use the one stated in Judas' topic if you want. Just extract the official client, then unzip the small client package overwriting existing files when prompted (just as if you just tried to install a common RO private server).

Once both server-side and client-side are OK, you can connect and log in to your home server without problems. You'll need some more configurations in order to let other people to connect to your server, though.

Is Wamp a viable alternative to XAMP?

Yeah. Any server package that installs MySQL for you is viable, even if you install MySQL alone (but you'll prefer to also have a home web test server with databases if you want to learn something around that). There are quite a lot home server packages and you can choose whatever you want: XAMPP, WampServer, AppServ (the one I prefer to use myself, but it's abandoned as of now), EasyPHP, etcetera.

Tip: Actually WAMP is an acronym: it stants for Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP

Alright, just woke up haha. I still find myself all over different guides. My biggest question righ tnow is what exactly Patskie's guide accomplish?

As far as I know he sets up the Hercules SVN, but then I'm not entirely sure whats the next step. ( I can guess and wing it but I'd love to be sure :P)

EDIT: Running into an issue with MySQL workbench. It simply will not work and crashes on start up.

Pinpointed the issue to forcing the program to run with my computer's integrated graphics card, apparently it has an issue with nvdia (drivers are as updated as I can get).

EDIT (Done with Patskie's Guide): Assuming I did everything right, and that I have set all the right numbers, I hope the second part will work out.

The help I have found on these forums have been top-notch and lovely!

Edited by Droppedpjk

Guys I am having a problem being rejected from my server.

I have done everything advised in this topic,

http://herc.ws/board/topic/2164-how-to-connect-to-my-own-ro-server-super-old-newbie/

That is the only topic I can find pertaining to my problem with Hercules.

The CMD will say, authentication of account 1 refused.

Edited by Droppedpjk

What do you need a screenshot of exactly?

On the other hand,

I have the correct version for my clien tin my mmo.h file, ( I rebuild everytime.)

I have used three different clients with different dates to see.

I have commented out the packetverre, that you hinted out in the other topic.

I am still just being rejected.

Do I need to portforward, to connect to my own server?

http://i.imgur.com/wsn2I3x.png

This is a screenshot of Hercules SVN

(It's awfully late, been trying to get through this error for hours now. Will be back in 10 hours or so.)

Edited by Droppedpjk

have you already check this guide?

http://herc.ws/board/topic/1653-guide-setting-up-2013-clients/?hl=guide

try it.

Yes I had to use this guide to set up the client-side of the server.

I would not be even getting a rejected from the server error if I had not followed one of the only available guides to a client side server.

Can anyone help me at the moment? It seems to be the biggest brick wall, because there is no hint to what the problem could be, (errors isn't pointing to what the issue is.)

I've 

made the Hercules SVN through Patskie's Guide,

set up the client side using the link in this quote,

and have done almost everything I can think or am available to search for that would even consider this problem.

Is there really no answer?

Edited by Droppedpjk

Most similar error I've ever got around that is when the server account and password weren't the same as in the DB, but when that error shows it's way more notorious.

I mean, did you put the SAME userid and passwd in conf/char-server.conf, conf/map-server.conf and in the account that has the 'S' gender in the `login` table? Chances are you did good, but I can't find the issue ATM.

Most similar error I've ever got around that is when the server account and password weren't the same as in the DB, but when that error shows it's way more notorious.

I mean, did you put the SAME userid and passwd in conf/char-server.conf, conf/map-server.conf and in the account that has the 'S' gender in the `login` table? Chances are you did good, but I can't find the issue ATM.

Yeah, I figured using different ids would eventually mess up and confuse me, and it all did on the first run through. So I remedied the situation by changign every password and ID to the exact same thing letter for letter.

I will check if they are all exactly the same again.

I don;t believe there is anything wrong with my files, I just did a rotation with Judas's small client packet and switched everything up but got rejected once again.

EDIT: Yeah, I've done everything is perfect as can be.

Since this is Hercules I assume I don't have to care about this packet_db thing. (If I do I have no idea where said file exist).

It looks like this problem just can;t be solved. All it says is fail to authenticate, and POINTS TO NO ERROR WHATSOEVER. =_= hate life.

This is a screenshot of the problem

http://i.imgur.com/b0Awz2L.png

Edited by Droppedpjk

I thought it would be the holy grail of answers but sadly not :(.

However, it is a step in the right direction I think.

Here are tow screenshots of what happened. (Still rejected from my server).

http://i.imgur.com/USOCOsA.png

http://i.imgur.com/U4V14KZ.jpg

Could you tell me what to exactly put when making a new account, that may be the key here.

Maybe it is how I build and clean my solutions, I simply just open up hercules-12 and highlight the 4 servs and then rebuild them. "rebuild."

is there some proper way to do it?

EDIT: WAIT I've gotten one account to work out. Need to figure out exactly what I did during the creation that makes it work.

Alright, so I had to set and make sure the IDs of the account were a working number, made sure to change their sexs and done.

Thank you very much Sevenzz, I can actually stop looking for something else to do haha!

Edited by Droppedpjk

The difference is you are creating account that is not starting with the account number 2000000

Only server account can start at number 1 

Please try to analyse the screenshot that I gave to you, and see the big difference between the account ID and server ID

-- Edit ----

If you want to solve your problem properly

1. Delete map/char and login.conf

2. Update your Hercules. download the latest map/char and login.conf

3. Edit map/char and login.conf "NOTE: Uncomment only the IP needed.

3.a. Temporary do not touch/replace

"// Server Communication username and password.

userid: s1
passwd: p1
"
Just leave it in their default.
4. Edit your SQL and delete all the schema and re-open it again
5. Run your server and create your account. do not create using SQL just create using the command in Login Client
"Username : username_M for male, _F for female. then password"
6. Login and start playing.
Edited by sevenzz23