aleph075

I edited max level but now can't gain XP

Question

As the tittle said. I am trying low levels characters to level up killing mobs, but %experience says "inf%" and do not increase mi % XP. I edited the max level to 100 (just to try). And added the level 100 code. But, there is too much code that stablish the minium level required to 150 or higher, so the server do "adjusted requeriment to maxlevel".

How can i fix it?

I suppose here is not the problem with XP blocked

1369259043_error2.png.88cde678b1f740688fdb892b17dc64ca.png

2 answers to this question

This is not Hercules, is it?

"mob_db.yml" is not part of Hercules...

I am not sure if I can really help, but you are trying to reduce the players Max Level? I don't think you need to change MAX_LEVEL constant in source for that. You only need to change it to go higher.

To cap to lower levels, you can just change exp_group_db.conf. It will use a bit more memory than it really needed, but will be much easier, and you won't have issues like in your print, where the server MAX_LEVEL is lower than the monsters you are trying to load.

See https://docs.herc.ws/customization/edit-max-level/#configuration-files for more info (I think this is still up to date)

Although I don't think this is the cause for you to get inf% exp... unless you changed some source code that broke that.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:07 PM, KirieZ said:

This is not Hercules, is it?

"mob_db.yml" is not part of Hercules...

I am not sure if I can really help, but you are trying to reduce the players Max Level? I don't think you need to change MAX_LEVEL constant in source for that. You only need to change it to go higher.

To cap to lower levels, you can just change exp_group_db.conf. It will use a bit more memory than it really needed, but will be much easier, and you won't have issues like in your print, where the server MAX_LEVEL is lower than the monsters you are trying to load.

See https://docs.herc.ws/customization/edit-max-level/#configuration-files for more info (I think this is still up to date)

Although I don't think this is the cause for you to get inf% exp... unless you changed some source code that broke that.

Ooh... no. Its no hercules. Didnt know that differences. Anyways, you helped me. THX!