Jeshbaal

Vicious Mind Enchants Missing

Question

Hello all!

I'm looking for some help.  I've used the 2022 offline server pack and have had a great time so far messing with my own server, but I've noticed that with any Vicious Mind Weapon, there are no enchants on them. 

I was under the impression that these weapons always (?) come pre-loaded with up to 3 different enchants and so far I've not found a single weapon with any enchants.  

Is this due to me having a poor understanding of the instance/weapons in the instance, or is this an error on my server?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

All,

I wanted to post my findings:

• All items (at least that are dropped from Sky Fortress monsters/have not tested others yet) which are identified by (my) healer npc script, do not have enchants. 
  • However, when identified through traditional means, such as a magnifier, have all of the stats loaded on them.

Thanks!

Your script is most likely creating a new item (delitem + getitem) instead of identifying it, and it is likely doing a basic item ignoring all of its enchants. Thus, it is a complete new item and loses everything.

To properly identify items via script you should use one of these commands:

- identify -- https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/stable/doc/script_commands.txt#L3656

- identifyidx -- https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/stable/doc/script_commands.txt#L3665