Cobbler5428

Weirdness with Novice Academy. Do I need a certain client version?

Question

Hello,

I recently set up a Hercules server (I cloned the repo last week) and I'm using kRO client 2023-04-04. I've noticed 3 things that seem off when I do the Novice Academy in Izlude:

- I can't get past the front desk of the Novice Academy. The map seems to show I can go there, but when I click the go further into the building, it just doesn't do anything.
- When I use a Combination Kit via hotkey, it just hangs for a bit and doesn't do anything; it doesn't even consume the kit. I have 2 red herbs and 13 apples, and the novice potion just requires 2 red herbs and 1 apple, so I dunno why it isn't doing anything.

- When I take the portal to the 2nd floor where the 1st job instructors are, I get teleported to a black void with two portals to either side of me that I can't reach because I can't move.

I was thinking that maybe I have too new a version of the kRO client and the maps and items in the client are not matching up with the maps and items in the server, thus giving these weird behaviors. Does this sound right? If so, what client version would y'all recommend I use? And if I'm not right, does anyone know what might possibly be going on?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

For the map, you are correct, you need the old map files since RO changed the academy several times.

I have uploaded the files here:

For a clean hercules, you should use Academy 2012 and start 2015 (2018 also works ok). I noticed that RE map cache is wrong for iz_ac02, so until this gets merged: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/pull/3316 you have to update your map cache for iz_ac02 for it to work properly.

About the combination kit, I think it is not implemented yet.

4 hours ago, KirieZ said:

For the map, you are correct, you need the old map files since RO changed the academy several times.

I have uploaded the files here:

For a clean hercules, you should use Academy 2012 and start 2015 (2018 also works ok). I noticed that RE map cache is wrong for iz_ac02, so until this gets merged: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/pull/3316 you have to update your map cache for iz_ac02 for it to work properly.

About the combination kit, I think it is not implemented yet.

Thanks so much! I put Academy 2012 and start 2015 in my data folder (the WARP patch is super helpful, haha), and I cherry picked the change in PR 3316 into my stable branch and the things you mentioned are working. Thanks!