Vincent

1 Ro server - 2x Hercules

Question

Hello,

i want to know if there is a guid or something like that where i can see how to setup 2x hercules server at 2x VPS. Any player can chosse with what server they want to connect.

11 answers to this question

2 fully separate servers that use the same clients?

Then it's on your clientinfo.xml, on your clientside, just duplicate everything inside the connection tag and edit whatever you like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo><servicetype>korea</servicetype><servertype>sakray</servertype>   <connection>      <display>Ragnarok</display>      <balloon>your first server</balloon>      <desc>1st server</desc>      <address>127.0.0.1</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>26</version>      <langtype>1</langtype>      <registrationweb>flux.domain.com</registrationweb>        <aid>            <admin></admin>        </aid>        <loading>            <image>loadingscreen01.jpg</image>        </loading>   </connection>   <connection>      <display>Ragnarok 2</display>      <balloon>Your 2nd server</balloon>      <desc>2nd server</desc>      <address>192.168.1.1</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>26</version>      <langtype>1</langtype>      <registrationweb>flux.domain.com</registrationweb>        <aid>            <admin></admin>        </aid>        <loading>            <image>loadingscreen01.jpg</image>        </loading>   </connection></clientinfo>

No, i want to host 2 VPS but for 1 game. Because atm i host my server at germany and Brasil's got a bad ping.  So is there a way to hast a second VPS at USA and the Ger and US server run synchron?!

I think that's not possible at the moment, but if you like you could make the US server as a proxy that connects to your Germany server quite quickly. I don't know how to make proxies yet so I still can't be of help on that matter.

Sorry!

A proxy is not going to solve your issue. The data has to be gathered from the server in germany anyhow. Its tricking people to show 'look low ping' because its a ping from the proxy but this way you'll only make it slower.

The only thing that is possible is to make both servers connect to 1 database. That way it doesnt matter whether they grab your brazilian server of german server. Even this can slow things down a little bit because you will have the database hosted on one of your vps servers.

Best thing would be each server its own database but syncing data every... 10 min or so in the background.

Either way, please do notice that players connected to the brazilian server wont see the players on the server in germany. But they can swap servers and have same characters and items on both servers.

not really true.

If your connection to the SERVER is, lets say 500 ping...

and your connection to PROXY is 80 , and the PROXY ping to SERVER is 80 , then YOU'R ping is 80 to , since YOU connect TROUGH the proxy and the PROXY to the SERVER, bypassing the direct "BAD PING" connection to the server.

Edited by BFPkiller

Just because your ping is 80 doesnt mean the traffic acts like it. The proxy has to gather data from your server. Since the data cant be cached by the proxy the traffic wont act like 80 ping. You are right in some way. The ISP may have a bad route to your server and increase ping and lag.. I guess a premium proxy could help someway but the proxy must be user-to-server and you'd have to provide that to all your players.

Meaning anything the user does on their own network aside from gaming also goes through the proxy which can produce massive amount of bandwidth and you need a provider that either supports that or offers multiple connections, unless there is a provider out there that is smart enough to only route RO traffic..

You really dont want to go there.

What you could do is host the database on a 3rd server and have both gaming servers connected to your database server through a proxy. That is in my opinion the best option to provide best gaming experience.

Edited by Tosko

2 fully separate servers that use the same clients?

Then it's on your clientinfo.xml, on your clientside, just duplicate everything inside the connection tag and edit whatever you like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo><servicetype>korea</servicetype><servertype>sakray</servertype>   <connection>      <display>Ragnarok</display>      <balloon>your first server</balloon>      <desc>1st server</desc>      <address>127.0.0.1</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>26</version>      <langtype>1</langtype>      <registrationweb>flux.domain.com</registrationweb>        <aid>            <admin></admin>        </aid>        <loading>            <image>loadingscreen01.jpg</image>        </loading>   </connection>   <connection>      <display>Ragnarok 2</display>      <balloon>Your 2nd server</balloon>      <desc>2nd server</desc>      <address>192.168.1.1</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>26</version>      <langtype>1</langtype>      <registrationweb>flux.domain.com</registrationweb>        <aid>            <admin></admin>        </aid>        <loading>            <image>loadingscreen01.jpg</image>        </loading>   </connection></clientinfo>

is this allowed in 1 vps?

It is possible and I have done it before, PM me if you want to know how, I won't disclose that information here, i don't have a guide written up, its just informal information.

Edited by PokemonRO