Sign in to follow this  
hideki6

limited broadcast

Question

12 answers to this question

Not in current scripting AFAIK. It could be feasible with a little workaround if the addrid script command was implemented, but we're having that pull request waiting ATM, don't know why

Maybe query all account id's on char table whose base level is < 20 and online <> 0 and then have a loop through those data gathered from the query_sql and attach their rid one by one? Not sure if this will work as i am not in my pc to test :P

Not sure if you want precisely only ~20 people to receive a global broadcast or if you're just trying to have only a few people in your vicinity be able to see a local broadcast. In that case, you might find localbroadcast and areabroadcast to be useful.

still dont get it.. could you please make a example. i was thinking of creating new broadcast commands through atcommand.c but dont know how to specify like level 1-20 and let the broadcast work like that

I don't get you, so maybe my last reply wasn't accurate.

What do you exactly mean?

a) Make a broadcast to every people in a range of levels;

B) Broadcast to any people that reach a level in a range [What I understood because of the post just before my previous one].

prontera,150,150,0	script	Sample	100,{	mes "Input your message";	next;	input .@m$;	close2;	if ( .@m$ != "" ) {		query_sql "SELECT `account_id` FROM `char` WHERE `base_level` < 20 AND `online` = '1'",.@aid;		while ( .@i < getarraysize(.@aid) ) {			if ( attachrid( .@aid[.@i] ) )				dispbottom "" + .@m$ + "";			detachrid;			.@i++;		}	}	end;}

this works but only the first person talking could see the message from all players sent.. the others cant :(

prontera,150,150,0	script	Sample	100,{	mes "Input your message";	next;	input .@m$;	close2;	if ( .@m$ != "" ) {		query_sql "SELECT `account_id` FROM `char` WHERE `base_level` < 20 AND `online` = '1'",.@aid;		while ( .@i < getarraysize(.@aid) ) {			if ( attachrid( .@aid[.@i] ) )				dispbottom "" + .@m$ + "";			detachrid;			.@i++;		}	}	end;}
Edited by hideki6

Not that it's a big deal or anything, but I'd say message would be more preferable over dispbottom; if a player has /notalkmsg2 on, they won't receive the message.

Usage:

message strcharinfo(0), "Some message here.";

In any way he can replace the dispbottom part. I attached all online player with < 20 base level. So i think the decision is up to the topic starter. I just made an example. Btw an array can store up to 128 values only. So if you have big population the script might not actually do the full work.