Sign in to follow this  
karazu

Soul Linker Bug (no additional effect)

Question

Linker's skill are working fine

But I dont know about this script.

It will cast Soul Link on you but the effect is not there.

prontera,148,190,5	script	SOul Linker	775,{mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000",    "Hello "+strcharinfo(0)+",do",    "You want me to Soul Link you?";next;switch(select("Yes:No")) {    case 1:        if(countitem(.itemid[0]) < .itemid[1] || basejob < 7) {            mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000"," ",                "First jobs aren't allowed to use my service. or",                "You need "+.itemid[1]+"x ^0000ff"+ getitemname(.itemid[0]) +"^000000 for a Soul Link.";            close;        }        delitem .itemid[0], .itemid[1]; // delete required item.        sc_start SC_SOULLINK, .time, 5; // start soul link        skilleffect 461, 5;    // Start Soul Link Effect.        message strcharinfo(0),jobname(Basejob)=="Bard"||jobname(Basejob)=="Dancer"?"Bard and Dancer Spirit !!":jobname(basejob)+" Spirit !!";        close;            case 2:        mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000",            "Okay,goodbye!";        close;}OnInit:    set .time, 300000; // the buff last 5 minutes    setarray .itemid[0],523,1; // replace with TCG Item id. Format Item id,Item quantity    end;} 

7 answers to this question

The status won't have any effect unless val2 is set. For example in normal skill cast, Soul Linker's Spirit is casted on a Soul Linker (SL_SOULLINKER). Once casted, itl check if the target is a Soul Linker. If it is, the status activates and puts SL_SOULLINKER (The skill ID) as val2. Whatever val2 is set to will determine the effect the soul link will give. So you need to add to your npc script a check for different jobs so itl be like Knight/Lord Knight/Rune Knight be given SL_KNIGHT for val2 on the status. Your looking at quite a bit of coding to check for all of this.

Is it possible to have NPC's cast skills on you?

Ohh thanks! Need to use "npcskill"

@karazu, I will modify again your script wait a min..

No problem. take your time.

Here:

prontera,148,190,5	script	SOul Linker	775,{	mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000";	mes "Hello "+strcharinfo(0)+"";	mes "Do you want me to Soul Link you?";	next;	switch(select("Yes:No")) {	case 1:		if(countitem(.itemid[0]) < .itemid[1]) || (Class < 7)  {				mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000";			mes "First jobs aren't allowed to use my service. or";			mes "You need "+.itemid[1]+"x ^0000ff"+ getitemname(.itemid[0]) +"^000000 for a Soul Link.";			close;		}		set .@basejob$,strtoupper(jobname(BaseJob));		if (jobname(BaseJob) == "Super Novice") set .@basejob$,"SUPERNOVICE";		if (jobname(BaseJob) == "Star Gladiator") set .@basejob$,"STAR";		if (jobname(BaseJob) == "Soul Linker") set .@basejob$,"SOULLINKER";		if (jobname(BaseJob) == "Assassin") set .@basejob$,"ASSASIN";		if (jobname(BaseJob) == "Bard" || jobname(BaseJob) == "Dancer" ) set .@basejob$,"BARDDANCER";		npcskill "SL_"+.@basejob$+"",5,99,99;		delitem .itemid[0], .itemid[1]; // delete required item.			close;	case 2:		mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000";		mes "Okay,goodbye!";		close;	}OnInit:	setarray .itemid[0],523,1; // replace with TCG Item id. Format Item id,Item quantity	end;} 

Here:

prontera,148,190,5	script	SOul Linker	775,{mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000",    "Hello "+strcharinfo(0)+",do",    "You want me to Soul Link you?";next;switch(select("Yes:No")) {    case 1:        if(countitem(.itemid[0]) < .itemid[1]) || (Class < 7)  {            mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000"," ",                "First jobs aren't allowed to use my service. or",                "You need "+.itemid[1]+"x ^0000ff"+ getitemname(.itemid[0]) +"^000000 for a Soul Link.";            close;        }        delitem .itemid[0], .itemid[1]; // delete required item.        sc_start SC_SOULLINK, .time, 5; // start soul link        skilleffect 461, 5;    // Start Soul Link Effect.        message strcharinfo(0),jobname(Class)=="Bard"||jobname(Class)=="Dancer"?"Bard and Dancer Spirit !!":jobname(BaseJob)+" Spirit !!";        close;            case 2:        mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000",            "Okay,goodbye!";        close;}OnInit:    set .time, 300000; // the buff last 5 minutes    setarray .itemid[0],523,1; // replace with TCG Item id. Format Item id,Item quantity    end;}

Here:

prontera,148,190,5	script	SOul Linker	775,{mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000",    "Hello "+strcharinfo(0)+",do",    "You want me to Soul Link you?";next;switch(select("Yes:No")) {    case 1:        if(countitem(.itemid[0]) < .itemid[1]) || (Class < 7)  {            mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000"," ",                "First jobs aren't allowed to use my service. or",                "You need "+.itemid[1]+"x ^0000ff"+ getitemname(.itemid[0]) +"^000000 for a Soul Link.";            close;        }        delitem .itemid[0], .itemid[1]; // delete required item.        sc_start SC_SOULLINK, .time, 5; // start soul link        skilleffect 461, 5;    // Start Soul Link Effect.        message strcharinfo(0),jobname(Class)=="Bard"||jobname(Class)=="Dancer"?"Bard and Dancer Spirit !!":jobname(BaseJob)+" Spirit !!";        close;            case 2:        mes "^0000FF[ "+strnpcinfo(1)+" ]^000000",            "Okay,goodbye!";        close;}OnInit:    set .time, 300000; // the buff last 5 minutes    setarray .itemid[0],523,1; // replace with TCG Item id. Format Item id,Item quantity    end;}

hello Kyeme. still no benefits, It will link but no changes like Sonic Blow Damage etc

The status won't have any effect unless val2 is set. For example in normal skill cast, Soul Linker's Spirit is casted on a Soul Linker (SL_SOULLINKER). Once casted, itl check if the target is a Soul Linker. If it is, the status activates and puts SL_SOULLINKER (The skill ID) as val2. Whatever val2 is set to will determine the effect the soul link will give. So you need to add to your npc script a check for different jobs so itl be like Knight/Lord Knight/Rune Knight be given SL_KNIGHT for val2 on the status. Your looking at quite a bit of coding to check for all of this.

No problem. take your time.

Hello Kyeme I dont know if this is right question but how about like LK,White Smith etc?

I dont know what the script means but I think didn't see link for their job?

please clarify hehe

EDIT:

Its working now.

Edited by karazu