Sign in to follow this  
mybitch

R> A script that checks first login of the account

Question

Requesting a script that will check first login of account and will give x items. I don't want to use global reg value cause isn't it limited before? Or uptil now? Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

new_1-1,53,111,0	script	WelcomeNPC#new_1-1	-1,1,1,{	if(#alreadyLogIn != 1){		OnTouch:				//a message for the user			mes "Welcome to Ragnarok Online";			mes "Take this ^CE0411 Phracon ^000000 as a Welcome gift.";			mes "We wish you much fun on our Server.";						//give the user the item			getitem 1010,1; //ItemID              set #alreadyLogIn, 1; //global value for account			close;	}} 

i placed the npc on the spawnpoint for new players on the new_1-1 map. if you changed the standard spawnpoint, place it where your players are spawning.

Greetings

Tepoo

Edited by Tepoo

new_1-1,53,111,0	script	WelcomeNPC#new_1-1	-1,1,1,{	if(checkquest(100) == -1){ //-1 means the user doesnt have this quest finished		OnTouch:				//a message for the user			mes "Welcome to Ragnarok Online";			mes "Take this ^CE0411 Phracon ^000000 as a Welcome gift.";			mes "We wish you much fun on our Server.";						//give the user the item			getitem 1010,1; //ItemID						// part for finishing the quest that the			// user only gets this one time on the character			setquest 100; //questID for starting the quest			completequest 100; //questid for finishing the quest			close;	}} 

and add this to your Quest_db.txt

100,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,"Welcome To XXXX Ragnarok Online"

with this way its a quest which is finished when the player touches the npc. i placed the npc on the spawnpoint for new players on the new_1-1 map. if you changed the standard spawnpoint, place it where your players are spawning.

Greetings

Tepoo

Isn't this going to use any values that will add in the quest log? Using sql will not but hard to configure

Could you define your question a little bit more?

As i dont know what you want to ask about this solution.

there are two clean ways to save an information like this for a character.

1. global_reg_values

2. quest db

ill updated the script, i missunderstood your first post (tought first time of player) as you want it for an account, the only way to do this is over global_reg_value and #ValueName.