Sign in to follow this  
telles0808

DNS with NO-IP and port 80

Question

Hello!

I'm configuring my server to run for some friends, so, needing to share the clientinfo.xml with them.

Inside the client I did my no-ip address, and inside the hercules/char-server.conf and map-server.conf I did the char_ip and map_ip and was looking for the login_ip pointing to the same no-ip address.

But now I noticed my DSL is blocking the port 80. This is a issue or I'm missing something?

Thank you!!!

Oh, I found it upper the char_ip, was searching it inside the login-server.conf, but it's inside char

Edited by telles0808

2 answers to this question

evilpuncker, thank you, that was my issue, and I configured it to use the port 8080.

About the server, to run through my router, I enabled port foward to my local ip. Okay, that's working, but the problem is that I'm using DHCP, because more equipments need to plug on it and they are not the same every time.

So, that's a way of configure Hercules to use UPNP instead of port forwarding? I remember eAthena has one feature like this, made by Setsuna, who was the developer of Fusion, an old TXT rag simulator.

If yes, please, can you show me how? Because when the DHCP release this machine IP, it can change, and will be a mess to configure it everytime it happen.

you don't need to use port 80 in order to run hercules, the only problem is if you are going to use a control panel.