Sign in to follow this  
nyxfatalis

rA compatible with Hercules?

Question

5 answers to this question

As long as I know, now that I've just checked the doc/script_commands.txt of both emulators, you can use almost all script commands present in rAthena in Hercules with identical behavior. But there are some script commands that Hercules doesn't have yet such as sit; stand; delequip; morphembryo; checkhomcall; and a script command that has a distinct name such as consumeitem (rA) --> itemeffect (Herc).

However, I'd say script compatibility is 95+% because they're either quite new commands or haven't been extensively used in scripts -I've never seen any of the rAthena "exclusive" commands in use on a public released script yet-.

Hope I helped you.

P.S.: Hey Ind, i still don't know the reason of maintaining the get_revision() command. I think it should be changed to get_hash() or do something about its behavior since in rAthena it returned an integer value. Well, I think this one hasn't ever been used for a serious script so never mind. And the charisupper doc example has a mistake too I think. And there is the suggestion of merging those script commands for increased rAthena-Hercules compatibility.

Edited by jaBote

As long as I know, now that I've just checked the doc/script_commands.txt of both emulators, you can use almost all script commands present in rAthena in Hercules with identical behavior. But there are some script commands that Hercules doesn't have yet such as sit; stand; delequip; morphembryo; checkhomcall; and a script command that has a distinct name such as consumeitem (rA) --> itemeffect (Herc).

However, I'd say script compatibility is 95+% because they're either quite new commands or haven't been extensively used in scripts -I've never seen any of the rAthena "exclusive" commands in use on a public released script yet-.

Hope I helped you.

P.S.: Hey Ind, i still don't know the reason of maintaining the get_revision() command. I think it should be changed to get_hash() or do something about its behavior since in rAthena it returned an integer value. Well, I think this one hasn't ever been used for a serious script so never mind. And the charisupper doc example has a mistake too I think. And there is the suggestion of merging those script commands for increased rAthena-Hercules compatibility.

Thanks for the info.

Because i got some issues regarding euphy's allinone npc script.

everytime a click a menu. my character stuck up.

for example. i refine my hat[1] . after it refine. the npc will close.

then my character will stuck up.

i needed to relog for me to able to walk again.

Hope I helped you.

nice info :)