Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt

3CeAm to Hercules

Question

3 answers to this question

Well, now that I've tested those patches on the database only, I've seen they don't work properly as they do have unintentional SQL errors. I've made some new patchers that do indeed work. Anyways, remember you'll have to backup your database first and that you use those files at your risk.

You may experience problems the first time you start the emulator with whatever the `skillcooldown` table stored (you shouldn't anyways as hercules doesn't need it and so it'll be dropped) and with the elementals stored in the `elemental` table as there are SUBSTANTIOUS changes to this one. I also reccomend clearing all elementals from your server because of it so you won't experience any buggy behavior on existing elementals. Run this code in order to do this:

TRUNCATE TABLE `elemental`;UPDATE `char` SET `elemental_id` = 0;

You can run this before or after upgrading your DB to Hercules ones.

Well, now you have to run this for adapting your DB and making them compatible with Hercules. I've avoided to post it on the forums because it seems that much code messes things up, so I'll give you only the new and updated pastebin links:

3CeAM to Hercules main database (usually named `ragnarok`) modifications: http://upaste.me/ef265666de9023e5

3CeAM to Hercules logs database (usually named `logs`) modifications: http://upaste.me/d74356659a88eaa2

And then what I said on my other post: download, configure, compile and use your Hercules without any problems. As some of the structure specified in main.sql changed yesterday, you'll have to use a fresh one or revert manually the changes on my files.

P.S.: Please tell me if it works once you try it. I'd like to get this file committed to the repo for makinc 3CeAM to Hercules conversion easier for everybody.

Thanks!

I'm on my cellphone right now and if nobody else helps you by the time I
get home I'll do. Could you please post here your /sql-files/main.sql
and your /sql-files/log.sql to make the support faster?

Remember first thing you have to do is backup your database then update
it to the latest revision you can get from 3CeAM and post those sql
files.

Chances are your custom source code modifications won't be compatible
with Hercules, so it's preferable to backup your emulator too just in
case.

Thanks in advance.

EDITED: Well, here you are. I haven't tested it since I don't have a 3CeAM but this seems correct and working. Remember to backup your database (and your emulator if you want) before doing ANYTHING (you use this at your own risk).:

This is the code you have to run in your main database (usually called `ragnarok`) in paste version: (removed, wrong SQL patch)

And this is what you have to run in your logs database, usually called `log`: (removed, wrong SQL patch)

After that a fresh copy of Hercules configured and compiled should work like if you've been in Hercules all your life long.

Edited by jaBote