Sign in to follow this  
koji42

Changing start point and items. I know its too basic but its not working.

Question

Ok so here it goes. I opened conf/char-server.conf and edited the following

// Start point, Map name followed by coordinates (x,y)
start_point: prontera,155,187

// Starting items for new characters
// Format is: id1,qt1,idn,qtn
start_items: 2357,1,2423,1,5518,1,2115,1,1208,1

// Starting zeny for new characters
start_zeny: 100000

I restarted the server.
Tried recompiling it. 
Created new accounts.
Created new character.
Checked the console for errors.

Nothings change. No zeny, No items and same old starting equips and map. 

Anyone could explain this to me? thanks in advance
Edited by koji42

14 answers to this question

Would you happen to have some settings floating around in conf/import/char_conf.txt? Also, what's your build's GIT hash (if you don't know it, just approximate the day you downloaded Hercules)?

Would you happen to have some settings floating around in conf/import/char_conf.txt? Also, what's your build's GIT hash (if you don't know it, just approximate the day you downloaded Hercules)?

None, the txt file conf/import/char_conf.txt is empty. I had the server setup by my host on Jan 17 2014.

I cant see any wrong with your setup. Please check your Clientinfo.xml if the IP is connected to your server?

I just checked it. Its the same :( Edited by Mhalicot
Merged posts

I wouldn't count on your host to get you the latest version of Hercules. Here's a download link straight from our repository: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/archive/master.zip

If your server is running on Linux, download the ZIP using wget. Here's an example if you're using a terminal in a desktop environment:

cd ~/Desktopwget https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/archive/master.zipunzip master.zip

All my settings will be gone? XD

It's not rocket science to reconfigure most aspects, but typically yeah. You could copy the contents of your conf files into their corresponding txt files in the import folder and retain your settings that way, but you should go over the changes again to ensure nothing has been missed.

unfortunately its not. Im still looking for some other way to deal with it. I tried Git Pull and it says "your local changes to 'conf/char-server.conf' would be overwritter by merging. Aborting"

well my server isnt up for playing yet. So im still currently building/editing it. I know on my previous server is sooooo simple and very basic to edit it. But but some reason the changing aren't taking effect. Its kinda frustrating. Im now considering on doing what Mumbles is suggesting. Or I could just do a script that gives freebies and instantly teleports the novice. :mellow: btw my host provider is wanhosting so I think my Hercules git is up to date. XD

I wont mark this as solve yet. Maybe one genius here could help some other time haha. I'll leave this issue for awhile cause I'm nearing my deadline on opening the server and its not really a big error. Thank you so much sir for trying to help out :)