Sign in to follow this  
legion

Waterfalls effect?

Question

Hi, I was editing keough's stream prontera map because it has black squares, so I set the water to -100 and raised the global height and objects until they are out of the water, problem solved no more black squares but then I noticed the waterfall was not raised together with the other objects, and I think that it was an effect not an object, but when I open the map in browedit I cannot see the waterfall. How can I edit it? Thanks!

Edit: the waterfall was originally leveled with the tree but now it's halfway down the tree.

2vn100w.png

Edited by legion

3 answers to this question

Thats normal, effects are not raised with global terrain parameters. I remember I commented this to Borf for the next release of browedit, next time we will have it.

You don't have any other choice than raising the effects manually, one by one. Go to effect edit mode (F8 key) and try to find one of the effects by clicking the terrain, until you see an horizontal line which marks the effect coordinates (you can't see the effects -spheres- cause they are down the terrain) ... then hold the CTRL key and Left-Click once you raise the effect up.

Test in game and once you have one effect showing in the proper way, then, just do this to save some time:

• 1 - click the effect you edited and press Enter. You'll see something like this:
    a4a11f1f.jpg
  • 2 - Look for the value marked in red. In this image, this value is -160 and this is the height value; now close this window.
  • 3 - Go to each effect and press Enter. then input this height (-160) to each effect and press Enter 2 times or more after you input the new height of the effect then click "ok"

Resave your map as usual and you are done.

Edited by Olrox

Thanks Olrox, I think I got it, it's just hard to know if I'm selecting the right effect to raise, because some effects does not have names in them and some effects are just right beside each other, I guess I gotta do trial and error. edit>merge to GRF>check>edit>merge to GRF>check.

Yea its kinda tedious if you have one map with different kind of effects...

Perhaps what you can do is, take a note of the height you want (lets say, it is -165) and then ... load the original map again, before you did the global height edition of it to fix the black tiles.

Then, edit the height of the waterfall effects right there, with the value you noted before.  You'll be able to see the effect names, since you have not raised up the map yet... and yes I know they'll be crazy high once you finish, however, once you are done, then you can raise all the terrain and water to the new level to fix the black spots.

I hope it helps.

Edited by Olrox