Sign in to follow this  
leloush

how to use cutin[without player attached]?

Question

how to use cutin[without player attached]?

or should i say in specific map all players are able to see this "cutin" (npc_illus) example in a countdown or after the countdown it appears on screen that are on the same map and disappear after 3-2secs..

is this possible ??

thanks in advanced..

.@edit yay sry can someone move this topic to script support.. i am sorry i ddnt notice that im on source section :sry:

@edit thanks for moving it.. it won't happen again

post-2604-0-59157700-1390854244_thumb.png

Edited by leloush

10 answers to this question

prontera,150,150,0	script	Sample	100,{	query_sql "SELECT DISTINCT(`account_id`) FROM `char` WHERE `online` = '1'",.@aid;	for ( .@i = 0; .@i < getarraysize(.@aid); .@i++ ) {		if ( attachrid( .@aid[.@i] ) ) {			if ( strcharinfo(3) == "prontera" )				 cutin "kafra_07", 2;		}	}	for ( .@x = 3; .@x > 0; .@x-- ) {		announce "Count down : " +.@x,0;		sleep 1000;	}	for ( .@y = 0; .@y < getarraysize(.@aid); .@y++ ) {		if ( attachrid( .@aid[.@y] ) ) {			if ( strcharinfo(3) == "prontera" )				 cutin "", 255;		}	}	end;}

Like this?

prontera,150,150,0	script	Sample	100,{	query_sql "SELECT DISTINCT(`account_id`) FROM `char` WHERE `online` = '1'",.@aid;	for ( .@i = 0; .@i < getarraysize(.@aid); .@i++ ) {		if ( attachrid( .@aid[.@i] ) ) {			if ( strcharinfo(3) == "prontera" )				 cutin "kafra_07", 2;		}	}	for ( .@x = 3; .@x > 0; .@x-- ) {		announce "Count down : " +.@x,0;		sleep 1000;	}	for ( .@y = 0; .@y < getarraysize(.@aid); .@y++ ) {		if ( attachrid( .@aid[.@y] ) ) {			if ( strcharinfo(3) == "prontera" )				 cutin "", 255;		}	}	end;}

Like this?

i will try this sir pats... thanks

@edit yes this is what im looking for sir pats... is it ok if i will rip some of the lines that i only need ? cuz im planning to make an event more lively is it ok please??

and btw the script seems very hard to understand for a newbie like me but i understand some of this

can i change this line into a easy one

for ( .@x = 3; .@x > 0; .@x-- ) {

announce "Count down : " +.@x,0;

sleep 1000;

announce "Count down : 3",0;

sleep 1000;

announce "Count down : 2",0;

sleep 1000;

announce "Count down : 1",0;

sleep 1000;

like that? correct me if im wrong sir pats.. really thanks to your help..

Edited by leloush

Changing the method to the way you described would work, but it seems you already understand what's going on. Patskie's method simply allows you to change the value of .@x within the for loop from "3" to whatever you wish it to be; that way, it will count down for however long you set it to, without cluttering your code unnecessarily.

Changing the method to the way you described would work, but it seems you already understand what's going on. Patskie's method simply allows you to change the value of .@x within the for loop from "3" to whatever you wish it to be; that way, it will count down for however long you set it to, without cluttering your code unnecessarily.

i mean yes sir i already understand whats going on to the script that mr.pats gave to me..

i just wanna know is it possible to make a cutin change each every second of the countdown? and how without messing the entire script

Edited by leloush

Here's an example:

prontera,150,150,0	script	Sample	100,{	// Cutin file names (plays in reverse order)	setarray .@image$[0], "kafra_05", "kafra_06", "kafra_07";		// Countdown time (in seconds)	.@time = 3;		// Map name to play cutins on	.map_name$ = "prontera";		// Generate array with account IDs	query_sql "SELECT DISTINCT(`account_id`) FROM `char` WHERE `online` = '1'", .@aid;		// Loop through countdown sequence    for (.@x = .@time; .@x > 0; .@x--) {		// Loop through all online players in map		for (.@i = 0; .@i < getarraysize(.@aid); .@i++) {			if (attachrid(.@aid[.@i])) {				if (strcharinfo(3) == .map_name$) { 					cutin .@image$[.@x], 2;				}			}		}				announce "Count down : " +.@x, 0;		sleep 1000;	}		// Clear cutins	for (.@y = 0; .@y < getarraysize(.@aid); .@y++) {		if (attachrid(.@aid[.@y])) {			if (strcharinfo(3) == .map_name$) {				cutin "", 255;			}		}	}		end;	}

hi thanks sir.. but it looks like there's a error in the part of image[0]

countdown : working

image preview: not working

here's the error

post-2604-0-53556300-1390902060_thumb.png

Edited by Mumbles

hi thanks sir.. but it looks like there's a error in the part of image[0]

countdown : working

image preview: not working

here's the error

Sorry, looks like I forgot to declare it as a string. See my previous post for the fix. .@image[] should be .@image$[]

Sorry, looks like I forgot to declare it as a string. See my previous post for the fix. .@image[] should be .@image$[]

hehe no need to sorry since im the one who's looking for a help :D

all workings

but one more thing sir

is this normal or its just a little mistake?

the cutin images isnt changing... i think it stucks on the first image and the countdown continues but the image not changing

hehe no need to sorry since im the one who's looking for a help :D

all workings

but one more thing sir

is this normal or its just a little mistake?

the cutin images isnt changing... i think it stucks on the first image and the countdown continues but the image not changing

Ah, you found another one of my mistakes lol. Change this:

cutin .@image$[.@i], 2;

to this:

cutin .@image$[.@x], 2;

...or just see my other post for the updated version.