Sign in to follow this  
orange

repeated announcement

Question

hello hercules

i want to make a specific announcement in my server every hour. i have 3 messages to  broadcast every 1 hour. 

i want each message to be announced once in 3 hours. eg if i i have message A, B and C. then 1st hour message A is announced , 2nd hour message B is announced and 3rd hour message C is announced and then the 4th hour again message A is announced and so on.

Please help me with such a script.

Thank you :)

4 answers to this question

never tried this

-	script	news	-1,{	OnInit:        set .Time,60;        // Announce every x Minute.	setarray .News$[0],	// Random Message to be announced						"1 hi",						"2 hello",						"3 holla";				while(1){		if(getarraysize(.News$)==.xxx-1)			set .xxx, 0;					announce .News$[.xxx],bc_blue;		set .xxx, .xxx + 1;		sleep ( .Time * 60000 );	}}

edit from http://rathena.org/board/files/file/2503-random-news/

Edited by mleo1

Here's my method using the OnMinuteXX label as a trigger. It's a bit less effort and allows for virtually limitless amounts of announcements; when the last announcement has been made, it will repeat from the beginning on the next hour.

-	script	announce	-1,{	/*-----------------------------------------------------	Script	-----------------------------------------------------*/	OnInit:		// Announcement messages		setarray .news$[0],	"This is the first announcement.",							"This is the second announcement.",							"This is the third announcement.";				// Announcement options in corresponding order		setarray .options[0],	bc_all,								bc_all|bc_blue,								bc_all|bc_yellow;				end;			/*-----------------------------------------------------	Configuration	-----------------------------------------------------*/	OnMinute00:		announce .news$[.i], .options[.i];		.i++;				if (.i == getarraysize(.news$)) {			.i = 0;		}				end;}

You can set any number of announcements you want, just change the "This is the first announcement.", "This is the second announcement.", "This is the third announcement.", "4th", "5th"; and so on. The script adapts to any number of announcements you have. Remember last member of the array should end with a semicolon ( ;), not a comma (,) and you're good to go.