Sign in to follow this  
Guest Axiom

Fresh Install (Sorta); Problems

Question

Guest Axiom

Follow up to this topic. I'm not sure if it merited another topic or not. If it didn't, I'm very sorry, just merge it if you'd like.

After encountering problems with my rA to Herc merge, I attempted to build a second server sharing the same login DB credentials but with the char and map SQL tables separate. Made one to test if the same problems I had with the converted server would come up with a fresh/uncustomized one (except mmo.h to match my client), and true enough, they did come up as well.

• People Petrify/Stun/Sleep/Stun at random
  • @item, buying stuff, or autolooted stuff don't seem to appear in your inventory until you refresh or warp in/out. Stat immunity seems to work
  • Client freezes when you try to kill anything that drops items. I suppose that's related to the second problem.
  • That aside, the server seems to work :

Edited by Axiom

7 answers to this question

•  
    • @item, buying stuff, or autolooted stuff don't seem to appear in your inventory until you refresh or warp in/out. Stat immunity seems to work

•  
    • Client freezes when you try to kill anything that drops items. I suppose that's related to the second problem.

Devs need to fix the packets defined.

[*]

Now too sure about the first problem

Guest Axiom

Well blimey, this seems major then. Anything that runs on the latest version is practically unplayable. I do hope a fix for it comes around soon. Thanks, Judas.

For any developer's reference, I had mmo.h's #define PACKETVER set to 20120410.

Edited by Axiom

Guest Axiom

Checked out to that commit, now I can't seem to get 'make clean && make' work. :

Just to verify, I ran a git clone of the head version of Hercules, then ran a git checkout 5dbbbab3fbba59da139e52da4a09ab93d94b3f27. Sorry, this is my first time using Github.

Edited by Axiom

I haven't tried to use Hercules on a Linux server yet, but have you made sure it's 'make clean && make' instead of executing 'make clean && make sql' as it's said on the (well, quite outdated right now) wiki?

You can also run those commands separately and see which one is failing.

Guest Axiom

The problem only ever came up when I downgraded to 5dbbbab3fbba59da139e52da4a09ab93d94b3f27. The head version compiled just fine.

Here's the error that's returned whenever I try either 'make clean', 'make sql' or 'make clean && make':

make: **** No rule to make target 'sql'. Stop.

Scratch everything. Apparently I have to commit any/all edits I perform before the folder lets my compile anything. Okay, Github is tricky.

Edited by Axiom