Question

I got this error when entering Morroc.

ReadAnimatedEmitterInfoz

attempt to call a nil value

What do you think is the problem?

any help pls?

post-4596-0-94478700-1394112861_thumb.png

8 answers to this question

Was there any other message displaying file name? And what data folder you are using?

https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation/blob/master/Data/luafiles514/lua%20files/effecttool/effectfunc.lub was updated by me, a month ago, contains that function, maybe if you are using this, error will vanish(dont only download this, since there is one more file for morroc named morroc.lub, you ahould have that too, so just get that whole folder),else maybe if you using this and still have error, then this file must have been updated recently.(but less chance, since you using client older than the lub file, so downloading those files, should vanish your errors.)

So get the latest luafolder, and try to run.

Edited by Dastgir Pojee

I also got the same, hahaha

---------------------------

ReadAnimatedEmitterInfoz

attempt to call a nil value

OK

Attempted to call a nil value <= This message means that the client is trying to call a function but it is not defined in any lua files that it has read.

name of the function is on the title-bar. i.e. ReadAnimatedEmitterInfoz .

Was there any other message displaying file name? And what data folder you are using?

https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation/blob/master/Data/luafiles514/lua%20files/effecttool/effectfunc.lub was updated by me, a month ago, contains that function, maybe if you are using this, error will vanish(dont only download this, since there is one more file for morroc named morroc.lub, you ahould have that too, so just get that whole folder),else maybe if you using this and still have error, then this file must have been updated recently.(but less chance, since you using client older than the lub file, so downloading those files, should vanish your errors.)

So get the latest luafolder, and try to run.

Solved by Downloading the fresh copy of luafiles514! Thank you Dastgir! :)

@Neo Thanks 

Edited by Hadeszeus

I think effecttool folder must be in the first .grf.

the first file found is read, it doesnt matter if 1st,2nd or 3rd grf, until its the first occurence of that file.

if its not included in server grf, then it would be read from data.grf, but for this, data.grf should be updated, which most of players dont have.