Sign in to follow this  
javierlog08

Nerf RK-Dragon Breath

Question

Hi, im looking the way to make dragon breath reducible by Demi-human reduction effects / Defense / and Element.

I have looking at files 
src/map/battle.c

In whick are mostly of damage calculations ,but i cant see yet anything related with Dragon Breath and Demi Humans or effects

The only is this code that just make the calculation based on iro wiki.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Dragon_Breath

case RK_DRAGONBREATH:	case RK_DRAGONBREATH_WATER:		md.damage = ((status_get_hp(src) / 50) + (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;		RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);		if (sd) md.damage = md.damage * (95 + 5 * pc->checkskill(sd,RK_DRAGONTRAINING)) / 100;		md.flag |= BF_LONG|BF_WEAPON;		break;

6 answers to this question

Srry, I misunderstood what you mean ,Original I suppose you just want to reduce damage of Dragon Breath....

anyway,I think the effect  of Dragon Breath is SC_BURNING ,You can find it  inside function skill_additional_effect

of skill.c

Hehe, no problem.

I had a problem with 

Then follwing the IrO Wiki's Formula

{(CurrHP ÷ 50) + (MaxSP ÷ 4)} × (SkillLv × BaseLv ÷ 150)} × {0.95 + DragonTraining_Lv × 0.05} 

That means that

((70000 / 50) + (1300/4)) * (10 * 175 / 150) * (0.95 + 5 * 0.05)

Total Damage = 20125 (0.95+5*0.05)

I just was thinking that is too much damage for a server 175, where mostly of the Jobs have low Health

I got an effective way to nerf it.
Just making a change in

md.damage = ((status_get_hp(src) / 50) + (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;

By

md.damage = ((status_get_hp(src) / 150) + (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;

In this way i got 11k Of damage MAx, and just 20k if they are using Tao Gunka Card. I believed the way to reduce it using the Card's and armor reducction, but that alone would ruin the skill.
Then on this is a better way to nerf it

Sorry for my english XD

Edited by javierlog08

The new dragon breath is now weapon-base and can be increase/reduce by demihuman damage. The old hp/sp/element base is now dropped.