Brynner

need help on tortoise configuration

Question

ow can i make this automatic option automatic?
from this unreadable on notepad
image.jpg
to just like this.
image.jpg

this is only happen on hercules. but on rAthena, 3ceam and eAthena its working properly.

3 answers to this question

It seems you've checked out with Unix line endings, which happens when you download the source code in a .zip file or with TortoiseSVN. Either try to check it out again with Windows line endings (which should be automatic on TortoiseGit if you installed Git properly), use a program for changing those line endings like this one (haven't tested it but seems not to be malware) or open those files with a proper notepad program like Notepad++ (I prefer this option anyways). Windows Notepad messes up with Unix line endings.

so i need to use the TortoiseGit instead of TortoiseSVN?i use notepad++ to make it readable. but i still want to make it default on notepad to become readable without use on any 3rd party program.

Well then you'll need to download Hercules via TortoiseGit. Here you have a guide made by Ind on how to get TortoiseGit and its requirement msysGit, and then Hercules via TortoiseGit. Let me know if you experience any problems on it.

When you're installing msysGit just make sure to mark the option Checkout Windows-style, commit Unix-style line endings like I did, or you'll still have Unix line endings thus makint files unreadable in Notepad.

dibujo1ua.png

Hope I helped.

P.S.: If you need help on how to install or check Ind's guide or mine (in Spanish, but much I have much more images which will make it easier to follow, but it's easy to install and check out anyways)