Sign in to follow this  
Broker

Change Server Language

Question

How can i change the server language? I'm brazilian and every time i use the accents on the words it shows strange characteres. Plz if you know answer quickly :/

11 answers to this question

I'm using 2010-07-30 , i was having trouble trying to diff my hexed. Can i ask you a diffed client with "Ascii & Arial on All Langtypes" ?

I don't have any 2010 client, but you may want to try another langtype at clientinfo in order to see if it fixes your problem, try 12 for example

@Broker try to set to 0 or 1 that should be working fine

I can type in portuguese with accents, but all my scripts if i insert accents it shows strange characteres:

screen_Access_RO001.jpg

it should be: Jogo da Caça

Edited by Broker

With NEMO Patcher set the following DIFF:

Use Ascii on All Langtypes (Recommended)

In your clientinfo.xml use a proper langtype. In your case 12 or 18 (French have ç symbol too).

I had your same issue, so I did a try.

I don't know why goes this way (maybe some pro will answer) but this fixed my problem.

Just putting langtype in my clientinfo.xml and the ASCII DIFF on Nemo didn't worked.

I thought the default client font didn't supported accents and latin fonts (èéòàùç) so I tried adding a DIFF with NEMO:

Use Custom Font -> BlackladderITC (the one I picked) or anything ... don't really matters since later will be removed.

Apply (don't close NEMO, minimize it).

Move your new client in your RO folder and run it.

Authenticate and once in game try typing "ç". It should work. Close your RO client.

Back to NEMO, remove the Use Custom Font DIFF and apply again.

Move the new client in your RO folder/overwrite.

DONE

Let us know. Hope it solves ...

EDIT :

Could depend by conf/char-server.conf and missing "ç" there?:

// Set the letters/symbols that you want use with the 'char_name_option' option.// Note: Don't add spaces unless you mean to add 'space' to the list.char_name_letters: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890
Edited by Dies Irae

Well... Guys, I'm desperate.

I have the same issue here. I have configured all langtypes, and I also tried what "Dies Irae" recommended, and there's no way to write or read in chat and NPC mes boxes the roman characters like "ç" or "ñ" and the accent vowels (ú,é,ó,è, etc.).

My data is full translated and I'm using Ossi's ragexe release 20131223, downloaded from this link.

How is that possible? Once patched (I use NEMO), the client should be reading the clientinfo langtype and the "Use ASCII on all langtypes" patch, shouldn't it?

Then why? Is there anything else meant to be changed?

I would really appreciate your help, guys... I'm dizzy and completely exhausted after all the research I did on Google, Hercules forums and other sites like rAthena's or Chronu's links I found from google (My server is built under Hercules).

Thank you very much for your help, understanding and cooperation in advance.

Edited by erijhon

I figured it out...

It is all about the NPCs script codification. Notepad++ sets it up to UTF-8 by default.

You have just to switch the codification to ANSII and correct the roman characters, as they will be turned into senseless characters.

This will fix the special characters issue in your NPCs, guys.

I hope it helps. Thanks!

Edited by erijhon