Sign in to follow this  
Javanese

permanent variable vs sql

Question

Hello,

I want to consult about quest npc that using permanent variables.

As we already know that using permanent variable can be very easy to use. But i create some quest template using function setd like example below

(i use pastebin since the editing box not showing any tools.)

the problem is, when if i use this code per-npc, and if i create many npc with this function, there will be many permanent variable per npc right? So i searched about too many permanent variable issues and fund annieruru explanation on eathena.

So i am planing using sql as quest database. Is there any issues if i store the quest detail on sql and all my quest npc will load from there? because i am planing to create a lots of quest with different npc.

thank you

6 answers to this question

thank you to both of you  ;)

Ah i see. But i thought permanent variable is stored at memory, i dont know if it stored is sql.

i found here http://herc.ws/board/topic/3886-hercules-1st-2014-megapatch/ and it was amazing feature hercules has.

will there any struggle if i use query sql on every quest npc?

thank you in advance.

not really, since people are not going to use them 9999999999 times in a minute it will be fine :P

If I remember well, Hercules removed all the variable limitations around a couple months ago, so you can now use all permanent account, char or server variables you like without any problem. Look for any scripting engine update on our Repository News topics.

thank you to both of you  ;) 

Ah i see. But i thought permanent variable is stored at memory, i dont know if it stored is sql.

i found here http://herc.ws/board/topic/3886-hercules-1st-2014-megapatch/ and it was amazing feature hercules has.

will there any struggle if i use query sql on every quest npc?

thank you in advance.

Edited by Javanese

In fact, using variables is slightly faster than doing all the queries right away. Variables are stored in memory until the player gets saved, that is when all the information goes straight into the database. This way you save some processing time :P