Sign in to follow this  
ToiletMaster

Other People can't connect

Question

Hi guys,

i've hosted an online server quite a number of times, but I just can't seem figure this one out. Here's the main issue, my friend can't seem to connect to the server.

Please note that I'm able to connect the server without any issues at all.

However for my friend apparently, it shows the error which you can see at the attachment. I've yet to see this error before frankly speaking ._.

Anyway here's some details from my side that I hope could help solve this strange issue.

• Current Version. 2013-12-23 Ragexe
  • [info]: Git revision (src): '946eaeb1d265de01aa3e0ca6769331c8342ffbf3' (Applied the character creation problem patch by myself before it was uploaded to the main git to fix it)
    [info]: Git revision (scripts): '946eaeb1d265de01aa3e0ca6769331c8342ffbf3'
  • Port forwarded all 3 ports, 5121,6121,6900. Even www.canyouseeme.org stated that my ports were opened.
  • Set Static IP to ensure that my ports were being forwarded.
  • Setting clientinfo.xml to no-ip address as well as manually typing in my IP doesn't work.
  • I pinged my no-ip address to ensured that the IP was correct too and i was able to get my IP and response as well.
  • no SRC Edits at all, aside from commenting everything to make it pre-re.
  • ensured mmo file was using 20131223

Here's the funny part.

Upon entering locally, my 3 consoles, (map, character,login, does not prompt any error at all. I'm able to go in without any problems at all)

When my friend tries to come in, the 2 errors shows below (logging in the first time shows the first error, and next were the other error), funny thing was nothing came out in 3 consoles also. I've even made sure he was using the right clientinfo.xml as he downloaded it from me which I personally see to it was rightly placed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

post-883-0-41393100-1398612026_thumb.png

post-883-0-77925500-1398612029_thumb.png

Edited by ToiletMaster

8 answers to this question

could you show us your map-server.conf and char-server.conf?

map_ip, char_ip and login_ip should be set to your external IP.

First off, sorry for the late reply, din't went back home yesterday so i couldn't remember all the settings.

is it same with this Failed to Authenticate (5110)? (Moved to Client-Side Support)

I believe it might be similar,

could you show us your map-server.conf and char-server.conf?

map_ip, char_ip and login_ip should be set to your external IP.

here's the files, i only used the import files, the main files i've did not touch.

Character.conf

userid: xxxpasswd: xxxserver_name: RagnarokRiseslogin_ip: 192.168.0.101login_port: 6900char_ip: public IPchar_port: 6121start_zeny: 5000pincode_enabled: 0

login.conf

group_id_to_connect: -1

map.conf

userid: xxxpasswd: xxxchar_ip: 192.168.0.101char_port: 6121map_ip: public ipmap_port: 5121

just wanted to add that those local ip, i did set to public IP as well for all of them,  but sadly the same error message appeared. Would appreciate if someone could guide me how to solve this.

Thanks!

Edit 2:

My friend used a 2012-04-10 RagexeRE version and he was able to bypass the login page, but of course he couldn't go into the server due to the mmo.h difference, but I believe it's the client this time that's causing the problem.

Is there anything specific I should be looking for when diffing 2013-12-23 for other people to connect in? It's strange the client that I'm using which I gave to him, had problems, but connecting locally seems to work perfectly.

Edited by ToiletMaster

Give your friend the same client date as in mmo.h and try again.

If not solved, try setting both login_ip on your character.conf and char_ip on your map to your public IP too.

All of this, just assuming your friend's clientinfo.xml has your public IP in.

@mhalicot,

I tried having him the same RO folder I was using. I even went to his house to gave to him just to confirm.

@jabote,

I've tried both and it doesn't work, but possibly the client issue at the moment ?

^Maybe his ISP/Antivirus/Internet Security/Firewall is blocking your IP..

It could very well be, I'll come back with further results, I'll try compiling my server and set the mmo.h to 2012-04-10 and see if that works.

I did forget to mention this very important fact.

it was working when i compiled my server from november 2013 i believe, but upon updating to the current GIT revision, it did not work after that.

It was due to the bugs with the old compilation that I had for november's GIT, that cause me to upgrade to the latest one. and upon updating I got these errors i guess, the client we used is the same 2013-12-23.

Edited by ToiletMaster