Sign in to follow this  
dakai

Adv job variable in database

Hi guys, I'm new here, I'm pretending to create a web service plugin for guild and char transfer. In this moment I'm dealing with a issue, I can't found the ADV JOB property in the database structure, I mean the variable that the 1-1 quest npcs look for make your change from high novice to any high 1-1 job:

Example

Archer quest npc line 26

if (Class == Job_Novice_High && (ADVJOB == Job_Sniper || ADVJOB == Job_Clown || ADVJOB == Job_Gypsy)) {

The reason why I'm looking for this var is because in the transfer script you can decide if you want to give a reborn high novice lvl 1, a second class lvl 99 or a second class lvl 85. The script act directly into the database, the problem is that when the high novice try to change is job to any high 1-1 no one of the quest npc let you change to the job that you want, but the job master custom npc let you do it. I review the job master npc script and it don't ask for the ADV JOB var, but I don't want to depend of the job master npc to make the change of job for the transferred characters. Any clues?

Edited by dakai

High novices created from nowhere have no ADVJOB var set, since I believe (can't check right now) these are set when you rebirth via official scripts or any custom script that sets you that one.

I'd better add another comparison to the script just after the:

|| ADVJOB == Job_Gypsy

That is:

|| !ADVJOB

So that any high novice without previous job can successfully change to its 1st trans job. And same with the rest of the job change quests.

Since it's officially impossible to get a rebirth high novice without precious job, I guess these scripts need no change.

You can always make a NPC asking the high novices Without the var set what job they want to be and accordingly set that variable by yourself.

Hi, thanks!! I was thinking on do it in that way, but I was trying to not modify the official npcs to achieve this point.