Swanton187

Client help

Question

So I am a noob when it comes to working on the client side. when I try to lgo in to the server it just says failed to connect to the server.  I have a few questions. I hexed my client with with nimo and used all the recomened ones only for now. 2013-12-23 my xml looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo>    <servicetype>korea</servicetype>    <servertype>primary</servertype>    <connection>	    <display>RO  1x 1x 1x</display>	    <desc>RO </desc>	    <address>167.xxx.xxx.xxx</address>	    <port>6900</port>	    <version>20</version>	    <langtype>0</langtype>	    <balloon>RO </balloon>	    <aid>            <admin>2000008</admin>        <loading>            <image>loading00.jpg</image>            <image>loading01.jpg</image>            <image>loading02.jpg</image>            <image>loading03.jpg</image>            <image>loading04.jpg</image>            <image>loading05.jpg</image>            <image>loading06.jpg</image>            <image>loading07.jpg</image>            <image>loading08.jpg</image>            <image>loading09.jpg</image>        </loading>	    </aid>    </connection></clientinfo> 

I am not sure what version I need to use the clients is 20 and the one I found on my server in the path ragnarok/Hercules/branches/rathena/conf says 30

9 answers to this question

version should not cause error I guess(I never set the version to specific thing)

just check that all servers are on, and its port are open(if on pc, vps ports are always open, except if hosting set it so.)

Check if any of the server is giving warning/debug/ or error.

this is a vps centos 6.5

The only warning I get is [Warning]: Not all IP addresses in /conf/map-server.conf configured, auto-detecting...

I have gone through the iptables to enable the ports but when I scan it the open ports done show. any ideas?

I finally got the client and server to talk but now I am getting this error

[Error]: parse_char: Received unknown packet 0xa0d from ip '1xx.xxx.xxx.xxx'! Disconnecting!
[Notice]: Abnormal end of connection (ip: 1xx.xxx.xxx.xxx): Unknown packet 0xa0d
[info]: Closed connection from '1xx.xxx.xxx.xxx'.
[Warning]: clif_parse: Received unsupported packet (packet 0x7777 (0x0a0d), 4 bytes received), disconnecting session #7.
[info]: Closed connection from '1xx.xxx.xxx.xxx'.

Any Ideas?

You were correct, After I did that now nothing happens when I try to log in.

Do I need the ports to be tcp or udp?

VPS have ports opened by default.