Bytific

[Question] What is looked for in websites and panels?

Question

Hello,

I'm the member of a small company ( Bytific ) and have some questions for the server owners/developers of this section.

We're a group a people who have started something which deals in making CMS(es) ( Content Management Systems ) and Administration Panels for different games and private servers for a very negotiable price.

We originally started out with the game "Tales of Pirates", but the community isn't very active, so we decided to move onto other games. 
What I wanted to ask is, 

1. [*]What are the basic features a website of a Ragnarok Online server should have? [*]What are the features that are necessary in an administration panel? [*]What are some features that would be really nice to have in either of those?

We want to provide high quality products to all our customers and would like to find out what our product should consist of.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Regards,
Perseus
(Bytific)

PS: If this is the wrong section for such questions, my apologies, please direct me to the correct section.

5 answers to this question

1) if website refers to a control panel, here's what some normal cp have,

player login and register, server status(on or off) , server info(total player online, total zeny in server),(fluxcp have total accounts and total chars too), WoE Status and Time, item database search, mob database search, who's online, view castle occupied(shows which guild occupied which castle), vote for points and cms, rankings(zeny, character, guild)

some advanced cp have features like:

player of the month display, guild of the month, some rankings(battleground, pvp, gvg, woe, homunculous, taekwon)

2)admin panel:

It should be able to view all account details, and when click on account id, should show the characters it have and its items, storage and guild storage items, ability to ban account, and ban ip, view all logs(formatted to good format, since our log sql uses one word, like P for Pick), view cp logs of other staff.

check fluzcp, so you get idea of basic cp that is required.

3)check 1st point of mine, also in v4p, if there's a way to know whether player has inputted the capthcha, it would be nice.

1) if website refers to a control panel, here's what some normal cp have,

player login and register, server status(on or off) , server info(total player online, total zeny in server),(fluxcp have total accounts and total chars too), WoE Status and Time, item database search, mob database search, who's online, view castle occupied(shows which guild occupied which castle), vote for points and cms, rankings(zeny, character, guild)

some advanced cp have features like:

player of the month display, guild of the month, some rankings(battleground, pvp, gvg, woe, homunculous, taekwon)

2)admin panel:

It should be able to view all account details, and when click on account id, should show the characters it have and its items, storage and guild storage items, ability to ban account, and ban ip, view all logs(formatted to good format, since our log sql uses one word, like P for Pick), view cp logs of other staff.

check fluzcp, so you get idea of basic cp that is required.

3)check 1st point of mine, also in v4p, if there's a way to know whether player has inputted the capthcha, it would be nice.

In accordance with your 3rd point, sadly, unless the voting website provides an API, I don't believe it is possible to find out whether the voter has entered everything properly or not. (If this is what you were talking about ).

In accordance with your 1st and 2nd points, we will be making a proper CMS which has the registration and login, news, account information for the currently logged in person, the admin panel will be integrated into the CMS. It will be made entirely from scratch suiting the needs of the customer. 

One small question, does RO use MSSQL or MySQL?

Thanks for the redirection to this section!

Regards,

Perseus

Hercules uses MySQL, You can see the tables of mysql here https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/tree/master/sql-files

Every emulator have 95% same structure and table of databases.

Although, i recommend to setup a test server, and do every possible thing, and know how the values are logged inside sql.

To be honest, I have never really played RO, making the CMS will take some knowledge, is setting up a test server the only way?

I have told to setup a test server for you to know what things are inserted where and how.