Sign in to follow this  
Cranel

Stability

Is the the latest Hercules revision is as stable as rAthena's revision source wise. I know Hercules is far better than rA but I just wanna know if Hercules has almost anything that you can find from rA... does my question make sense. 
I want to make a server using this emulator I hope i dont get in any trouble ^_^

Guest Axiom

I've been on Hercules for about a month or two now, coming from rAthena. I haven't looked back since.

As a policy, they don't touch anything related to skills. At least, not yet. They're waiting on Malufett to finish up Renewal's attack formulas before going full blast on fixing skills. If a skill's broken on Hercules, chances are it'll stay that way until then. Still, the way they left skills right now's a lot more manageable than the hodgepodge job rAthena's done with theirs IMO.

There's also the odd bug here and there, (the more annoying one currently being item skills have requirements that shouldn't exist) but the development team sorts most of these problems out fairly quickly. Bugs are arguably fixed faster here than on rAthena, even. There was this huge bug with Homunculus S that I encountered and a fix was put in less than a day after I reported. When another bug came up, that too was resolved a little under a day after I reported.

Edited by Axiom

I was about to make a topic about this because rA is dying. Thanks for this.

@Axiom

what other difference do they have? ( rA and herc ) Is scripting the same? adding custom items, maps, or anything.

Thanks for the answer.

PS:

although I think the support here is slower than rA, I've posted once and it took sometime to answer. maybe few people are using hercules. Well anyways rA is dying and all people will switch here ( I guess ) so support maybe faster.

Support is slower because there are not many users online.. But it's good the bug solving is more faster than rA

And yes, the scripts are the same.

All the things are the same exept for that you don't have to set the packets in packet_db.txt you may read the Repostory News to see what's new in Hercules (The important things are listed there.)

I've split this thread, removing all responses not pertaining directly to the OP's query, and/or contributing towards hostility/drama/besmirching either project's name.

I've split this thread, removing all responses not pertaining directly to the OP's query, and/or contributing towards hostility/drama/besmirching either project's name.

If you'd kindly point out where my post contributed towards hostility or drama, or how it didn't exactly answer the question...

Post 2 has answered topic owner's question. I'll be locking this thread before anymore disputes gets carried on. Thank you.