Sign in to follow this  
gaurav787

Patcher Help

Question

can some1 please help me to make patcher... i m working on Windows..Is WEB HOST necessary for making patcher?...i have made my server on my PC(i.e LOCAL HOST) so is it possible to make patcher? i tried ThorPatcher (Error: it says Failed To Connect server) and in neoncube(Error: couldn't find patcher/patchlist.txt) PLEASE HELP :'(

7 answers to this question

to make the patcher working you need web host. upload the webfiles there~

i made the patcher its working fine.. but can any1 tell me how can i pass grf thru patcher(THOR PATCHER).. for example i want to pass palette.grf thru thor patcher how to pass ? please help

i made the patcher its working fine.. but can any1 tell me how can i pass grf thru patcher(THOR PATCHER).. for example i want to pass palette.grf thru thor patcher how to pass ? please help

If you don't mind having your older palette.grf being overwritten, you could use : File, Single File > palette.grf, Ascii, Generate > [root].

If you absolutely have to merge it, then extract your GRF somewhere and use : RO - GRF > palette.grf, Directory > select your data directory, Generate.

If you want to patch palette.grf to your main GRF instead (not very convenient), you could just add this line in your patch list : 

1573 ...

1574 palette.grf

The number being your patch id.

If you don't mind having your older palette.grf being overwritten, you could use : File, Single File > palette.grf, Ascii, Generate > [root].

If you absolutely have to merge it, then extract your GRF somewhere and use : RO - GRF > palette.grf, Directory > select your data directory, Generate.

If you want to patch palette.grf to your main GRF instead (not very convenient), you could just add this line in your patch list : 

1573 ...

1574 palette.grf

The number being your patch id.

Sir, the thing is for example i have given client to my friends and now i have to pass palettes thru patcher so it means there no palette grf in client folder. so how do i do.. when my friends will patch they should get palette.grf in their miruku folder and also update data.ini.. i m sorry i m new to Patcher i m not able to understand :'( i tried 1st procedure here are the results

post-6473-0-91819100-1405098057_thumb.png

Edited by gaurav787

i accidently created 1 thor file which contains my grf.. i dont remember what steps i used to create it.. can any1 tell me how to create grf thru thor patcher