Sign in to follow this  
arthurpessoa

Rendering Bugs

Question

Hello friends, 
I'm having some rendering problems. I'm using Gravity old maps (Old Payon, Old moc_filds ...) and they are all with this bizarre problem.

This happens when I'm walking or turning the camera, after a few seconds the map back to normal.

PS:
- I used the browedit to rename the maps, I did not edit anything, just saved the map under another name
- The default game maps are working normally

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?
Thanks!

post-5698-0-35298300-1404832505_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

The quadtree isn't being saved properly with the most recent version of browedit (hence why some parts of the map aren't being loaded when your camera moves). Try to use the revision 620 instead : http://rathena.org/board/files/file/3026-browedit-revision-620-last-stable-revision-pre-configured/ (couldn't find it on Hercules).

Thanks!

unfortunately it did not work = / 
I tried with this and several other versions of browedit, someone has some clue?

PS: I just want rename my map, not edit. There's another way?
PS2: Can anyone test for me? idk if is my machine or some kind of black magic :/
Edited by arthurpessoa

Thanks!

unfortunately it did not work = / 
I tried with this and several other versions of browedit, someone has some clue?

PS: I just want rename my map, not edit. There's another way?
PS2: Can anyone test for me? idk if is my machine or some kind of black magic :/

There are many ways of achieving this. Using the version 620 of BrowEdit usually works, but you could also edit the RSW map file yourself with a hex editor and rename the two strings at 0x2e and 0x56, then rename all your files.

You could also use GRF Editor if you wanted to. Drop your original map files in a data node, then use "Save map as..."

k2weLGw.png

Then just extract the new map (with extract or drag & drop) : 

8pagbUR.png

Both of these methods will not modify the maps at all, so you shouldn't have any black blocks issues!