gaurav787

Client Problem

Question

Is it possible to see the version of hexed client like if i m using another's client(.exe) and its working fine with mine server and no problem.. so is it possible to see the date of that client any tool or software? coz if i use another's client(.exe) in left corner the name of that server SHOW'S.. i want my server name on that client...

post-6473-0-52090500-1404987662_thumb.png

7 answers to this question

i Tried making another exe(2012-04-10) which is version 30, i made it but when i login put username and pass select chara when it goes in map and BOOM error exe stopped working

You probably deleted the bytes instead of overwritting them (which you cannot do). Before modifying, you should have : 

xPQ6N88.png

After, if you're removing "Edacity", you'll want to overwrite with "Ragnarok Online0" on top of it and make sure your string ends with 0x00, like this :

6tcgLIp.png

The remaining characters after 0x00 won't show, you can ignore them. You can replace them with 0x00 if you want, it doesn't matter. As long as you're not adding or removing bytes, you'll be fine.

if that client work well with your server, you can see it at srccommonmmo.h.

(packetver on mmo.h in your server should be match with your client version, because it can work well).

to change windows title, may be nemo patcher can help; here the link :

http://herc.ws/board/topic/2905-nemo-client-patcher/

you can change that in custom windows title.

note : usually i use nemo to patch clean ragexe.exe (clean means never patched before), note sure if this tool used on patched client.

but if only for custom windows title, it probably will work (never tested this).

if you need clean client, you can find it here :

http://k3dt.eu/Ragexe/unpacked/

Download any hex editor (I use HxD).

Open the client using HxD.

Searh the string that you want to replace,

and replace it(you should not go beyond the length of string, else the client may broke)

i cant edit with HxD.. Dastgir can u tell me steps..i tried editing but when i saved it says its not a proper win32 application Please help :'( i just want to edit name teach me PLease :'(

post-6473-0-50141600-1405001335_thumb.png

Edited by gaurav787

i Tried making another exe(2012-04-10) which is version 30, i made it but when i login put username and pass select chara when it goes in map and BOOM error exe stopped working