Sign in to follow this  
Hadeszeus

Regarding Reading Skill

Question

how can I limit the reading to 2 instead of 4?

Base on Official Server. You can only Preserved 2 Skill without Summoning any ball.

Right now I can Read 4 Spellbook and Released them all.

Can you help for quick fix pls? 

// Warlock Spellbooks. [LimitLine/3CeAM]int skill_spellbook (struct map_session_data *sd, int nameid) {	int i, max_preserve, skill_id, point;	struct status_change *sc;	nullpo_ret(sd);	sc = status->get_sc(&sd->bl);	status_change_end(&sd->bl, SC_STOP, INVALID_TIMER);	for(i=SC_SPELLBOOK1; i <= SC_SPELLBOOK7; i++) if( sc && !sc->data[i] ) break;	if( i > SC_SPELLBOOK7 )	{		clif->skill_fail(sd, WL_READING_SB, USESKILL_FAIL_SPELLBOOK_READING, 0);		return 0;	}	ARR_FIND(0,MAX_SKILL_SPELLBOOK_DB,i,skill->spellbook_db[i].nameid == nameid); // Search for information of this item	if( i == MAX_SKILL_SPELLBOOK_DB ) return 0;	if( !pc->checkskill(sd, (skill_id = skill->spellbook_db[i].skill_id)) )	{ // User don't know the skill		sc_start(&sd->bl, &sd->bl, SC_SLEEP, 100, 1, skill->get_time(WL_READING_SB, pc->checkskill(sd,WL_READING_SB)));		clif->skill_fail(sd, WL_READING_SB, USESKILL_FAIL_SPELLBOOK_DIFFICULT_SLEEP, 0);		return 0;	}	max_preserve = 4 * pc->checkskill(sd, WL_FREEZE_SP) + (status_get_int(&sd->bl) + sd->status.base_level) / 10;	point = skill->spellbook_db[i].point - 2;	if( sc && sc->data[SC_READING_SB] ) {		if( (sc->data[SC_READING_SB]->val2 + point) > max_preserve ) {			clif->skill_fail(sd, WL_READING_SB, USESKILL_FAIL_SPELLBOOK_PRESERVATION_POINT, 0);			return 0;		}		for(i = SC_SPELLBOOK7; i >= SC_SPELLBOOK1; i--){ // This is how official saves spellbook. [malufett]			if( !sc->data[i] ){				sc->data[SC_READING_SB]->val2 += point; // increase points				sc_start4(&sd->bl,&sd->bl, (sc_type)i, 100, skill_id, pc->checkskill(sd,skill_id), point, 0, INVALID_TIMER);				break;			}		}
Edited by Hadeszeus

6 answers to this question

src/map/skill.h

#define MAX_SKILL_SPELLBOOK_DB 17

and you have to configure preserve points in db/spellbook_db.txt

Thanks for your reply.

But what Im saying is the skill effect of Reading & Release.

When you read a Spellbook you are allowed to READ 4 SPELLBOOK. Then Release it 4x.

The correct effect of this should only allow to ready TWICE and RELEASE TWICE also not 4x.

Edited by Hadeszeus

changing 

max_preserve = 4 * pc->checkskill(sd, WL_FREEZE_SP) + (status_get_int(&sd->bl) + sd->status.base_level) / 10;

to 

max_preserve = 2;

is a way that works for me, although you have to configure every "PreservePoints" in spellbook_db.txt to 1 since each of the skills have their own preserve points

14,1,6190         // limits cold bolt to 2 reads and 2 release.

Thank you

changing 

max_preserve = 4 * pc->checkskill(sd, WL_FREEZE_SP) + (status_get_int(&sd->bl) + sd->status.base_level) / 10;

to 

max_preserve = 2;

is a way that works for me, although you have to configure every "PreservePoints" in spellbook_db.txt to 1 since each of the skills have their own preserve points

14,1,6190         // limits cold bolt to 2 reads and 2 release.

Thank you so much for this :) I will try later.. Thanks again!