Sign in to follow this  
Gforce

Monster rate

Question

5 answers to this question

I think it doesn't since mobs that are summoned by an amount of only 1 don't get affected by this conf value:

src/map/npc.c, line 3517

if (mobspawn.num > 1 && battle_config.mob_count_rate != 100) {		if ((mobspawn.num = mobspawn.num * battle_config.mob_count_rate / 100) < 1)			mobspawn.num = 1;	}

I think it doesn't since mobs that are summoned by an amount of only 1 don't get affected by this conf value:

src/map/npc.c, line 3517

if (mobspawn.num > 1 && battle_config.mob_count_rate != 100) {		if ((mobspawn.num = mobspawn.num * battle_config.mob_count_rate / 100) < 1)			mobspawn.num = 1;	}

Thanks for finding the source. I tried and it really doesnt count the MVP. This trick is neat when want to change MOB RATE. Thanks!

src/map/npc.c, line 3517

Thanks for finding the source. I tried and it really doesnt count the MVP. This trick is neat when want to change MOB RATE. Thanks!

Strange enough, it happens for monsters that spawn on an amount of just ONE. It doesn't mind if it's a MvP (usually spawned in an unique amount), or mobs that spawn in a fixed cell (which have their dedicated monster spawn just for them, 1 single mobspawn). As it is now, it would count the MvP if you made 2 of them appear on the same map, by the same monster spawn top-level command.

Would like to know if this could be considered as an ancient bug, but have no means of knowing that.