Sign in to follow this  
classy5

Guide me

Question

-----i want to change the class name (ex:Novice/lvl/jlvl exp): Farmer/lvl/jlvl exp.

-----is there a way to get official server item into my own server?

-----how to make server PVP on all maps?

-----how to make character drop all items when killed?

if you know any of those please guide me, step by step

and i will try to follow it (im not experienced & bad understanding)

1 answer to this question

1. You would need to modify the name in the client files. I can't be 100% sure but I want to say msgstringtable.txt. That would only be the name displayed in the client though. You would still need to do Job_Novice for checks in scripts, and on server side it would also be displayed at Novice. Changing job names both server and client wide is highly discouraged as it could cause many issues.
  2. You mean ones that don't exist yet? Yes. Check the official client files (the lua files) for the descriptions, names, and ID. Create an entry for it in item_db.conf using the ID from the client files, then add the effects it has stated in the description to the script commands for the item in item_db.conf
  3. Change pk_mode in conf/battle/misc.conf to 1. If you want towns / non-pvp maps to have PVP enabled, you will need to remove their entries from npc/mapflag/nopvp.txt
  4. Add maps to npc/mapflag/nightmare.txt that you want players to drop equips / items when killed on.