nexuscoringa

Database on a separate machine

Question

Hi guys, I'm new to the Hercules, although I used eAthena txt in the past (like 6 years ago lol).

So I'm configuring 2 machines, one that will run the server itself and another one that will be just the database + website.

What do I need to do to make the login, char and map servers look at the database on the separate machine?

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Hi guys, I'm new to the Hercules, although I used eAthena txt in the past (like 6 years ago lol).

So I'm configuring 2 machines, one that will run the server itself and another one that will be just the database + website.

What do I need to do to make the login, char and map servers look at the database on the separate machine?

Thanks.

conf/inter-server.conf

sql.db_hostname: 127.0.0.1sql.db_port: 3306sql.db_username: ragnaroksql.db_password: ragnaroksql.db_database: ragnaroksql.codepage:// MySQL Character SQL serverchar_server_ip: 127.0.0.1char_server_port: 3306char_server_id: ragnarokchar_server_pw: ragnarokchar_server_db: ragnarok// MySQL Map SQL Servermap_server_ip: 127.0.0.1map_server_port: 3306map_server_id: ragnarokmap_server_pw: ragnarokmap_server_db: ragnarok// MySQL Log SQL Databaselog_db_ip: 127.0.0.1log_db_port: 3306log_db_id: ragnaroklog_db_pw: ragnaroklog_db_db: ragnaroklog_codepage:log_login_db: loginlog

Although I suggest SQL and server to be on same machine and website on different machine, so that server can communicate with SQL much faster(Server needs to connect to SQL much often)

Thanks.

conf/inter-server.conf

sql.db_hostname: 127.0.0.1sql.db_port: 3306sql.db_username: ragnaroksql.db_password: ragnaroksql.db_database: ragnaroksql.codepage:// MySQL Character SQL serverchar_server_ip: 127.0.0.1char_server_port: 3306char_server_id: ragnarokchar_server_pw: ragnarokchar_server_db: ragnarok// MySQL Map SQL Servermap_server_ip: 127.0.0.1map_server_port: 3306map_server_id: ragnarokmap_server_pw: ragnarokmap_server_db: ragnarok// MySQL Log SQL Databaselog_db_ip: 127.0.0.1log_db_port: 3306log_db_id: ragnaroklog_db_pw: ragnaroklog_db_db: ragnaroklog_codepage:log_login_db: loginlog

Although I suggest SQL and server to be on same machine and website on different machine, so that server can communicate with SQL much faster(Server needs to connect to SQL much often)

as long as the two servers in the same network or data center it will not hurt :)

anyway it's always better to make SQL server alone without anything else.

as long as the two servers in the same network or data center it will not hurt :)

anyway it's always better to make SQL server alone without anything else.

seems like, I forgot to write that point.

so yah, on explaining it, same network/datacenter = would be fast to connect to that SQL, so it would be not that much effect on communication between SQL and Server.

@hemagx

but it can still affect the server I think, since according to topic_starter, website+database will be on 1 machine, if there's some extensive work given to website, the sql woudl eventually be slow to respond(in case of low-end machines)

The SQL server has to be on a separate machine because the machines I have available are pretty.. limited. I'm running some tests on amazon, so that's why I'm separating them. If I use database + server on a single machine, I'll use that machine much more (IO operations and stuff). Putting them in different machines will make it less expensive :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by nexuscoringa

One more thing..

All servers are able to connect now, except for the Login Server.

It gets access denied, so I suppose I should change something somewhere else...?|

-------

FOR FUTURE PURPOSES:

I GOT IT WORKING. Here's how>

1. Open up your inter_athena.conf

2. In the Login server connection (ip, db, id, pw), notice that there's also the ipban configs.

You MUST have two different users for that (one for login and another for the ipban, otherwise you get the error).

Edited by nexuscoringa