Sign in to follow this  
GmOcean

@maintenance modification

Question

This works great. I changed the timer around my self, to display: Each Minute, 60seconds, 30:20:10seconds, 9->1seconds. Since it is more appealing to me that way. I did notice that you jumbled up your spelling of " maintenance " through out the plugin though. You went from " maintainance " to " maintenance " and vise-versa lol. I always catch myself making that mistake too. Just thought i'd let you know.

Now only thing is, how can we change the display on server select? I know you said, plugin can't attach into any files outside of src/map folder, but how would we apply a patch that searches for your changes so we can display a predetermined selection when it is in maintenance mode. (If this isn't possible or you're just too busy to figure it out, that's fine xD it's not needed).

Edited by AnnieRuru
split topic from http://hercules.ws/board/topic/7127-

3 answers to this question

it seems that you are not commenting on my script,

but you are requesting a patch that will block players from login at server select level

so split topic in source section

maintainance ?

look, I just type this and it already says wrong spelling

I used google translate and type 'maintainance'

it says 'Did you mean: maintenance' LOL

I Ctrl+F inside my file, return 0 result

return 4 result HAHAHAHA shame on myself :D

lucky I made the patch together, so this should be done in no time

ok this is b*llsh*t, 3 hours to try with all different kinds of methods, and only this can get it done

http://upaste.me/3f060d

a. I tried to include chrif.h from login.h, then getting auth_node clash

b. then I changed auth_node into auth__node inside login.c, chrif->maintenance_group cannot be read, those 3 variables

c. so I tried again with declare the value from mmo.h, map-server crash for stupid reason

d. so I use sql inside login.c, mysql_handle sux big time always say self is null

e. then this only work, make a new function inside ipban.c and read it from login.c <_<

the one I made in release section, all variables were declare inside srcmap folder so they all can read each other

but it seems that, login.c couldn't read outside that folder ... so I used Sql to retrieve the value

which means, this patch actually access Sql once to deny player from login, while original one doesn't

Edited by AnnieRuru

@.@ You didn't need to go through all that for this lol. I wasn't really requesting just suggesting, since it'd be nice for the players to see WHY it's down vs just seeing " Server Closed (1) ". But thanks D:, i'll use it lol, since you went ahead and made it xD. As always excellent work. O.o wish I could learn the src code the way you did, for what I can speculate you taught it to yourself from just looking at the code... impossible for me to do xD