Sign in to follow this  
Tyr

Impossible to save my map with any rev of Browedit

Question

Hello everyone!

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I'm experiencing an annoying bug with browedit when I try to save my map.
Since the beginnning of my work, I've only do some quicksave, with BE r620, and all's going fine.
But, when I've wanted to try my map IG, I've try to "Save As" (or save, same problem) with r586 and BE crash. (same crash with r586, r587 and r558)

There is the last line of the log_worldeditor:

Info: [17:41:16] World: 33504 tiles left
I don't understand where's my fail!
Someone can help me please?

I've join the complete log to this post, and my config.
PS: If it can help, I've an error when I try to load the map in BE 2.0, I don't have any screen but it's a thing like "ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR".

Edit:

(same crash with r586, r587 and r558)

And r620.

Just in case, my PC specs:

Operating System			Windows 7 Édition Intégrale 64-bit SP1		CPU			AMD Phenom II X4 955			Deneb 45nm Technology		RAM			12,0 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)		Motherboard			Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2)		Graphics			BenQ BL2410 (1920x1080@60Hz)			BenQ FP202WA (1680x1050@59Hz)			1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (MSI)		Storage			931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EZEX-00ZF5A0 SATA Disk Device (SATA)

ro.xml

log_worldeditor.txt

Edited by Tyr

2 answers to this question

Ok, in fact, I've found a solution by myself.

The map was 130x130, with nothing weird on it, nothing visible just the save crash.
The solution is to use rev 620 to copy my entire map to a 131x131 map and saving. After that, I've open the map with rev 586, clean lightmaps and save.

Since I've do that, no problem, so it's solved!

I hope this solution can help someone else.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Tyr

You could be having an issue of saving too much. First off, try creating a map and using save as feature when it's completely blank. If this doesn't work then you probably are suffering from an entirely different problem, such as maybe your map is too big. Because I think browedit only supprts 200x200 map size, any bigger and it would fail.