Sign in to follow this  
GmOcean

dummy data

Question

Okay, so we all know that if we obtain an item that doesn't exist, it gives us a " dummy " item.

However, through all my attempts I was never able to change that information.

void create_dummy_data(void){	memset(&itemdb->dummy, 0, sizeof(struct item_data));	itemdb->dummy.nameid=500;	itemdb->dummy.weight=1;	itemdb->dummy.value_sell=1;	itemdb->dummy.type=IT_ETC; //Etc item	safestrncpy(itemdb->dummy.name,"UNKNOWN_ITEM",sizeof(itemdb->dummy.name));	safestrncpy(itemdb->dummy.jname,"UNKNOWN_ITEM",sizeof(itemdb->dummy.jname));	itemdb->dummy.view_id=UNKNOWN_ITEM_ID;}

essentially, that holds all the information of the dummy item. But even if I change the name of that dummy item, it doesn't update to what I set it as. It either becomes, Apple or Unknown Item. It doesn't even have the _ in its name.

So is there something I'm missing from all of this? Or is it hardcoded else where? Because, theoretically configuring this data and all sources that control it's creation, dynamic item creation should be possible. Unless I'm COMPLETELY missing something of importance here. Any thoughts?

2 answers to this question

This isn't a fix for issues regarding adding items into the game incorrectly, but rather it's a bit of code added in, that creates dummy information for items that just don't exist. For instance creating an item in itemdb2.conf but not adding any information on the client side. This will let the server give you an item, without having a sprite, since it will default to the apple, and call it unknown item and such.