Zeiyan

Weird Problem about Loading Screens

Question

This is the method I know in putting my own custom loading screens.

1. put jpg/jpeg files (1024x768) into texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/ folder. --- Check!

2. edit clientinfo.xml and put <loading> filename.jpg </loading> ---- Check

3. repack grf ----- check

It's really simple and what's bothering me is why does it not show my loading screens this is my data.ini:

0=testro.grf ( contains my luafiles, clientinfo.xml etc)

1=testspritetextture.grf (contains the sprite and texturefolder)

2=testpallete.grf (contains pallete folder)

3=data.grf

This is my clientinfo.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo><servicetype>korea</servicetype><servertype>sakray</servertype>   <connection>      <display>Test Ragnarok Online</display>      <address>127.0.0.1</address>      <port>6900</port>      <version>26</version>      <langtype>1</langtype>        <aid>            <admin>2000000</admin>            <admin>2000001</admin>            <admin>2000002</admin>            <admin>2000003</admin>            <admin>2000004</admin>            <admin>2000005</admin>        </aid>        <loading>            <image>loadingscreen01.jpg</image>            <image>loadingscreen02.jpg</image>            <image>loadingscreen03.jpg</image>            <image>loadingscreen04.jpg</image>            <image>loadingscreen05.jpg</image>        </loading>   </connection></clientinfo>

I'm using 2013-08-07 diffed with NEMO patcher.

Any help would be much appreciated

NOTE:

I tried adding 1 loading screen earlier with filename "loading01.jpg" then deleted it and put 5 jpg files named "loadingscreen01,loadingscreen02,loadingscreen03.....) [i changed the file name] the thing is, it's still showing the first "loading01.jpg" I put in along with the other loading screens in data.grf. Which is weird since It's not in my grf anymore and pretty sure i repacked it like 5times already. 

UPDATE:

After some warping (more or less like 5-7 times) i get the client error "can't find file texture/gibberish/loadingscreen01.jpg"

which i DO have on my testro.grf. 

It seems the client doesnt read from the clientinfo about the loading screens but instead (im not sure about this) saved it somehow in the exe?

Edited by ZeiyanRO

2 answers to this question

I think it's because of the name.

loading01 - loading10 should be the file name of your loading screens. It's like overwriting the original loading screens by loading yours first.