Sign in to follow this  
ToiletMaster

Forum: Adding rar files into upload section

Hi there,

It would be good if .rar extension could be added in the upload section as currently I've uploaded a file for 22 images for everyone.

However it seems that due to the .rar extension is not being allowed,

therefore they have to press each image individually.

Aside from that, rar files will allow us to upload the files directly into the respective directories so that people won't be too hassled on adding them into their server.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Edited by ToiletMaster

At the moment, valid file extensions are the following:

Allowed: aiff, bmp, css, diff, doc, gif, gz, hqx, htm,html, ico, jpeg, jpg, mov, mp3, mpg, patch, pdf, php, png, ppt, ps, psd,ram, rtf, swf, tar, tiff, txt, viv, wav, wmv, xml, zip

Which cover most common file types that can be used on a computer, independently of its OS. I agree rar extension should be added to the list since it's quite popular, but you could have packed them all in a zip or a tar file, which are usually more preferred for file sharing than rar.

Thanks for your upload!

At the moment, valid file extensions are the following:

Allowed: aiff, bmp, css, diff, doc, gif, gz, hqx, htm,html, ico, jpeg, jpg, mov, mp3, mpg, patch, pdf, php, png, ppt, ps, psd,ram, rtf, swf, tar, tiff, txt, viv, wav, wmv, xml, zip

Which cover most common file types that can be used on a computer, independently of its OS. I agree rar extension should be added to the list since it's quite popular, but you could have packed them all in a zip or a tar file, which are usually more preferred for file sharing than rar.

Thanks for your upload!

To be honest I didn't see zip file extension there!

That's my bad! haha No worries for the file though!

I'm gonna change the file immediately so that it's a folder ;)