KohakuSan

PVP random Duel Queue system

Question

Hello, I tried looking for one of these but I don't think there's any available anywhere. This is for PRE-RENEWAL please.

From my kinda little understanding in script it should be very complicated to do this but the results are pretty cool. And I'm willing to pay for it if anyone is interested, of course if I'm paying for it I'm expecting it to work well.

It works like this:

- GM or automated event starts and announces the duel games have begun

- NPC appears in prontera and players of a minimum level X should be able to sign up. Everyone has a number of points attached to them, they start at 10 and there's a ranking system for whoever is highest for each class. All points are reset every 2 weeks. Players can only fight 5 times a day or until they hit 0 points

- Then after a few minutes(let's say 2min) the NPC checks everyone who signed up and teleports them in pairs randomly to maps(either instanced or not, although instances would definitely work better for many people)

- The players start far away enough to not see each other and a count down begins, we can even add a buffer npc available with simple buffs like agi/bless that is turned off after the pvp is turned on. If it's possible, add something for the player to be unable to get out of his/her area until the duel begins.

- Duel begins, players fight for 2 minutes, whoever wins will get 3 points, losses lose 3 points, draws both lose 1 point.

- When all duels have ended, everyone goes back to prontera and the NPC starts round 2 and go on until a certain time has passed

- At the end of the 2 weeks interval there's an announcement of the winners of each class and their names and the ones before them are saved in a board everyone can check.

- All the winners get some items exclusively to the champions, 1 item for each class, besides a few other gimmicks. The items are gone after the 2 weeks they're champions and these particular items can never be used during the duels on the next games.

5 answers to this question

Edit*

I noticed this might be close to what you wanted: http://herc.ws/board/topic/4746-scuffle-event-21/

Try it and if its not yet working like your mechanics, we can make a few edits  that will make it exactly the same as your mechanics and development will be faster xD

This pvp ladder can also be integrated to the event: http://herc.ws/board/files/file/169-pvp-ladder/

If you're not using it as regular ladder that is. Just changing its .Map$ to the event map, will make it read only from the area.

However if you want it to display highest for "each class" then some edits needs to be done as well.

Edited by Happy

Thank you for the answer Happy, yes the event is somewhat what I want, though it'd need some edits to work like that. But yes, the backbone is pretty good to start.

For example,

1 - I don't want people to type an atcommand, I want them to talk to the npc to register, they have to stay in prontera to be called and all the other restrictions already in there too.

2 - The randomized aspect is great, but read next point

3 - More than 1 duel at the same time if there are enough players, each one in a different arena. So would need to change the randomizing a bit, to choose as many duos as it can with the given number of players registered and maps available.

4 - Point system

5 - Yes I want a ladder only for the event and choose the class ranking you want to see in the menu with option to see the past ranking as well. Editing that ladder should work great!

6 - The cycle every 2 weeks which resets points and "crowns" the winners. The autostart everyday is good just need to be able to set which days of the week and GM option to Start.

7 - Remembered something, don't know if it's possible though but it'd be good if the npc didn't have to start from the beginning if the server went down for example during the duels it would resume from the time it stopped.

I'll try to do these and release it as public script, however I'm not sure how long it'll take as I also have other priorities. But if you're lucky someone else might work on it too and as always two heads are better than one xD

No problem, thank you for your effort either way! I liked this idea, too bad it's too much complex for my abilities so I have to rely on someone else. Hope someone gets interested in this too.