Spre

I like No more need for Xray type clients(yup im out of date) but i do see an issue or lack there of.

Question

So when I last used anytype of Ro anything we needed Xray to have custom mob sprites. Think of my joy when I found the new systems can actually acomodate custom mob sprites yay.

Ive just been toying with this, in an unserious way, but have come to a disapointing roadblock.

Mob #1 Works perfectly no issues

all mobs after #1 dont, the normal  blah blah cannot find file : sprite blah blah .spr error, i got tired of that in the pre xray days.

usually means the lua files are wrong, however I know my lua i <3 lua, I cant find anything wrong with these...

now note, i didnt feel like digging out the old mobs i used in the xray days, i just grabed the eden pack from the site here, using those mobs for the test.

going to see if fresh eyes can spot an issue

end of jobname.lua(where the customs are)

now note: WEREPOT (#1) works great no sprite errors

[jobtbl.JT_WEREPOT] = "WEREPOT",  [jobtbl.JT_BANA_MANTIS] = "bana_mantis",  [jobtbl.JT_EDEN_IMP] = "EDEN_IMP",  [jobtbl.JT_FLOWER_FAE] = "FLOWER_FAE",  [jobtbl.JT_ANGRA_VESPA] = "ANGRA_VESPA",  [jobtbl.JT_LEPERA] = "LEPERA",  [jobtbl.JT_SPROUTLING] = "SPROUTLING",  [jobtbl.JT_EDEN_SENTINEL] = "EDEN_SENTINEL",  [jobtbl.JT_MINERAL_CLUSTER1] = "MINERAL_CLUSTER1",  [jobtbl.JT_MINERAL_CLUSTER2] = "MINERAL_CLUSTER2",  [jobtbl.JT_MINERAL_CLUSTER3] = "MINERAL_CLUSTER3",  [jobtbl.JT_TOXIFROG] = "TOXIFROG",  [jobtbl.JT_BIRD_OF_PARADISE] = "BIRD_OF_PARADISE",  [jobtbl.JT_BLOSSOM] = "blossom",  [jobtbl.JT_DRACO_FLY] = "DRACO_FLY",  [jobtbl.JT_MANDRAKE] = "MANDRAKE",  [jobtbl.JT_MONITOR] = "MONITOR",  [jobtbl.JT_MONO] = "MONO",  [jobtbl.JT_ADAMANTIUM] = "ADAMANTIUM",  [jobtbl.JT_BRADIUM] = "BRADIUM",  [jobtbl.JT_CAVE_MONSTER] = "CAVE_MONSTER",  [jobtbl.JT_COAL] = "COAL",  [jobtbl.JT_MOSSY_GOLEM] = "MOSSY_GOLEM",  [jobtbl.JT_ORIDECON] = "ORIDECON",  [jobtbl.JT_ROCK_GOLEM] = "ROCK_GOLEM",  [jobtbl.JT_ADAMANTOISE] = "ADAMANTOISE",  [jobtbl.JT_CALLIOPE] = "CALLIOPE",  [jobtbl.JT_CANTAGIOUS] = "CANTAGIOUS",  [jobtbl.JT_ELUNIUM] = "ELUNIUM",  [jobtbl.JT_ELUNIUM_GOLEM] = "ELUNIUM_GOLEM",  [jobtbl.JT_HAZARDOUS] = "HAZARDOUS",  [jobtbl.JT_LORELEI] = "LORELEI",  [jobtbl.JT_ORIDECON_GOLEM] = "ORIDECON_GOLEM",  [jobtbl.JT_SPEARFISH] = "SPEARFISH"  }

End of NPCIdentity.lua (and again werepot loads great remember that)

JT_WEREPOT = 3200,  JT_BANA_MANTIS = 3201,  JT_EDEN_IMP = 3202,  JT_FLOWER_FAE = 3203,  JT_ANGRA_VESPA = 3204,  JT_LEPERA = 3205,  JT_SPROUTLING = 3206,  JT_EDEN_SENTINEL = 3207,  JT_MINERAL_CLUSTER1 = 3208,  JT_MINERAL_CLUSTER2 = 3209,  JT_MINERAL_CLUSTER3 = 3210,  JT_TOXIFROG = 3211,  JT_BIRD_OF_PARADISE = 3212,  JT_BLOSSOM = 3213,  JT_DRACO_FLY = 3214,  JT_MANDRAKE = 3215,  JT_MONITOR = 3216,  JT_MONO = 3217,  JT_ADAMANTIUM = 3218,  JT_BRADIUM = 3219,  JT_CAVE_MONSTER = 3220,  JT_COAL = 3221,  JT_MOSSY_GOLEM = 3222,  JT_ORIDECON = 3223,  JT_ROCK_GOLEM = 3224,  JT_ADAMANTOISE = 3225,  JT_CALLIOPE = 3226,  JT_CANTAGIOUS = 3227,  JT_ELUNIUM = 3228,  JT_ELUNIUM_GOLEM = 3229,  JT_HAZARDOUS = 3230,  JT_LORELEI = 3231,  JT_ORIDECON_GOLEM = 3232,  JT_SPEARFISH = 3233}

sprite directory

sprite1a.jpg

and mob_db

sprite1b.jpg

5 answers to this question

Show the screenshot of error??

My guess Is that, maybe 2 mob having same Id in lua or your client is not properly reading Data folder, mind giving a try with grf??

didnt reallt want to do anything with a grf yet, could try, doesnt make any sense why  the first one would work but not the rest. and ive checked the ids those ids are free at the current time.

the mob you see is 3200 werepot i summoned just before 3213 blossom(which errored out)

sprite1c.jpg

sprite1d.jpg

sprite1e.jpg

EDIT:

packed a grf same result

Edited by Spre

Can you give your full npcidentity.lua??

(Also mention the client date you using)

Since clients too have mob_Id limitation I guess, the last known limitation of latest (2014-10) client is 3999 and new mobs start from 25000

So maybe the client you using have limitation of 3200, or maybe a wrong npcidrntity.

2013-08-14

all unused ids under 3200 and from 3201 to 3999 crash. 3200 works perfectly 5000 to 7500 dont crash but display poring sprites.

so far this is as far as ive gotten

edit

JT_MONSTER_LAST = 3999, O_o

Edited by Spre

update: it looks like to me that gravity closed ALL open mobids that would allow a custom sprite, and it looks on  purpose, I mean do they REALLY need 100 of the same mob just with a rename in the new id?

jobidentity.lub shows the ids in use, its nutz. according to google (really google?) mobs in the 3k range crash all clients. really puzzled on thisone.