Sign in to follow this  
Phenomena

Map-Server auto closing...

Question

Hello, Dear users and support team!

I have a next problem:

when i start server (seporate 3 files login, char, map) login server and char server loading successful, but map server after loading automaticly close... No any errors, jsut closing. If try start runserv, map-server says after loading "crash, auto restart in 15 seconds or press ctrl+c for close".

Compile with VS 2010 and VS 2012 on winxp x32 and winserver 2008 x64, after compilation no errors (all success).

Use last hercules-master from Git Timeline...

Help me please with solution of my problem...

Thank you!

15 answers to this question

LINK : fatal error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'F:serv_testmapcache.pdb'; delete and rebuild
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Btw... after making Clean Solution (2 times) and Rebuild Solution in Debug Mode - its compile w/o any errors and 3 server start successful.

Now i will try connect to server.. Then i will try make solution Realese. Thank you...

In debug mode:

with 2012-04-10aragexe (mmo.h comment packetver_re) not working booking (search party/battleground/navigation), but cashshop working... strange...

with 2012-04-10ragexeRe same troubles...

Edited by Phenomena

Maybe i download Hercules from wrong place? As i understand, this: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules is actual....

So, why i cant start server in Release mode? Its even dont show any errors, dont crate any error log-files...

What can be wrong?

eAthena - works

jAthena - works

rAthena- works

even AEGIS works,

and Hercules only in Debug mode xe-xe..

what happens?

hmm i am also facing that issue now. I downloaded fresh copy and compiled. Only changes in conf i have done are the IPs (all set to 127.0.0.1 for testing), SQL Db names & disabled PIN system.

One thing i have noticed is that it happens right when all the maps & npcs are loaded and it is about to contact char server for loading guild info. Maybe there is some connectivity issue going on during that time? I know its not my settings because I used the same for a previous Hercules folder and it was working then.

I also experienced this one. I just loaded a bunch of NPC's and then I figured out the problem was on my NPC but no errors in console. I just disabled that npc and the problem was solved. :D

SlashGeeGee

SlashGeeGee can you tell us which npc was causing the issue.

it's a custom npc of mine. a Chess Script :D

SlashGeeGee

hmm then that cant be the reason in our case. but it looks like it is being caused by an npc because the crash is occuring when the OnInit event is triggered.

hmm then that cant be the reason in our case. but it looks like it is being caused by an npc because the crash is occuring when the OnInit event is triggered.

yeah , I noticed that too. the OnInit event trigger part :D

SlashGeeGee

ok this is funny. 

To find out which npc is causing the issue i commented every thing in scripts.conf and the server was able to start. then i uncommented section by section and finally found that nothing needed to be removed .... server is working again  B)