binbinH

Players get stuck after healer

Question

Hi,

Im new to this scripting and i seem to get problems on healer making my players stuck, but it only happens if a player talks to other npcs and clicks the "cancel" button. Anybody else have the same issue? or anyone could help me with this?

also if you try to to talk to healer/or any other npc it has this "Work that was in process(NPC Dialog, Manufacturing...) shut down and try again."

i would appreciate any help

9 answers to this question

oh sorry here 

//===== Hercules Script ======================================//= Healer//===== By: ==================================================//= Euphy//===== Current Version: =====================================//= 1.2//===== Description: =========================================//= Basic healer script.//===== Additional Comments: =================================//= 1.0 Initial script.//= 1.1 Aligned coordinates with @go.//= 1.2 Fix variables and character stuck at healing//============================================================-	script	Healer	-1,{	.@price = 0;	// Zeny required for heal	.@Buffs = 1;	// Also buff players? (1: yes / 0: no)	.@Delay = 5;	// Heal delay, in seconds	if (@HD > gettimetick(2)) close;	if (.@price) {		message strcharinfo(0),"Healing costs "+.@price+" Zeny.";		if (Zeny < .@price) close;		if(select("^0055FFHeal^000000:^777777Cancel^000000") == 2) close;		Zeny -= .@price;	}	specialeffect2 EF_HEAL2; percentheal 100,100;	if (.@Buffs) {		specialeffect2 EF_INCAGILITY; sc_start SC_INC_AGI,240000,10;		specialeffect2 EF_BLESSING; sc_start SC_BLESSING,240000,10;	}	if (.@Delay) @HD = gettimetick(2)+.@Delay;	close;}// Duplicates//============================================================alberta,25,240,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#alb	4_PORINGaldebaran,135,118,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#alde	4_PORINGamatsu,200,79,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#ama	4_PORINGayothaya,207,169,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#ayo	4_PORINGcomodo,184,158,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#com	4_PORINGeinbech,57,36,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#einbe	4_PORINGeinbroch,57,202,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#einbr	4_PORINGgeffen,115,72,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#gef	4_PORINGgonryun,156,122,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#gon	4_PORINGhugel,89,150,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#hug	4_PORINGizlude,125,118,5	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#izl	4_PORINGjawaii,250,139,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#jaw	4_PORINGlighthalzen,152,100,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#lhz	4_PORINGlouyang,226,103,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#lou	4_PORINGmanuk,272,144,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#man	4_PORINGmid_camp,203,289,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#mid	4_PORINGmoc_ruins,72,164,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#moc	4_PORINGmorocc,153,97,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#mor	4_PORINGmoscovia,220,191,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#mos	4_PORINGniflheim,212,182,5	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#nif	4_PORINGpayon,179,106,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#pay	4_PORINGprontera,162,193,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#prt	4_PORINGrachel,125,116,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#rac	4_PORINGsplendide,201,153,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#spl	4_PORINGthor_camp,249,74,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#thor	4_PORINGumbala,105,148,3	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#umb	4_PORINGveins,217,121,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#ve	4_PORINGxmas,143,136,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#xmas	4_PORINGyuno,164,45,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#yuno	4_PORING// Duplicates (Renewal)//============================================================brasilis,194,221,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#bra	4_PORINGdewata,195,187,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#dew	4_PORINGdicastes01,201,194,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#dic	4_PORINGecl_in01,45,60,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#ecl	4_PORINGmalangdo,132,114,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#mal	4_PORINGmalaya,205,205,6	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#ma	4_PORINGmora,55,152,4	duplicate(Healer)	Healer#mora	4_PORING

Hi,

Im new to this scripting and i seem to get problems on healer making my players stuck, but it only happens if a player talks to other npcs and clicks the "cancel" button. Anybody else have the same issue? or anyone could help me with this?

also if you try to to talk to healer/or any other npc it has this "Work that was in process(NPC Dialog, Manufacturing...) shut down and try again."

This problem happens to any NPC which uses "close;" without a message being shown. Replace "close;" with "end;" in the above script, relog, and you won't have this issue anymore.

Hi,

This problem happens to any NPC which uses "close;" without a message being shown. Replace "close;" with "end;" in the above script, relog, and you won't have this issue anymore.

oh that's what i suspect also. so i should change all the custom npc with "close" into "end" is it possible changing the ones from the default also?

oh and is there a way to remove unwanted default npc's? im new with all this.

This script is the only one with the odd behavior, you don't have to change any other ones. Plus this is most likely a source bug rather than a script bug. You would expect "close" to work properly even in this scenario but... it doesn't for some reason! Even a menu without a message will get you stuck if you use close later on, which is... a perfectly valid script. And be careful, this script will still get you stuck if set a zeny amount. The get around it, you will need to show a message with "mes" before you show the selection menu with "Heal" and "Cancel".

And yes, you can remove any NPC you want. You just need to find them from the npc folder.

@Tokeiburu 

Source bug meaning its not in the script but where? I used a hosting service that provided the setup and client. as i am trying to get familiar first. i am really sorry total noob here

@Tokeiburu 

Source bug meaning its not in the script but where? I used a hosting service that provided the setup and client. as i am trying to get familiar first. i am really sorry total noob here

Simply replace the script with what I suggested and it'll work out fine. The actual underlying bug is a tad more complex and I wouldn't know how to fix this from the source files myself (plus I'm sure other people have experienced this). I'd post the issue on the Bug Tracker, in the Scripts section. (This is not your hosting service's fault, if you were wondering that xD!).

@Tokeiburu 

Simply replace the script with what I suggested and it'll work out fine. The actual underlying bug is a tad more complex and I wouldn't know how to fix this from the source files myself (plus I'm sure other people have experienced this). I'd post the issue on the Bug Tracker, in the Scripts section. (This is not your hosting service's fault, if you were wondering that xD!).

Its actually client bug, which does not support these kinds of things,

close; without mes would behave abnormally if you try that in client :P

@Tokeiburu 

Its actually client bug, which does not support these kinds of things,

close; without mes would behave abnormally if you try that in client :P

@dastgir, hehe sorry i'm really not getting this much, is it all the clients or is it just my client the one with a bug? hehe i'm like a caveman in a city lols