Mikhail von Hohenheim

Question about Sync of Database from Git

Question

Q> about sync of database from :

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules

is there a way I can update my database without touching those that I had edited??

:(

bec the server has updates,, but i'm not doing it on my server because i might lost all the ones that I edited,,

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Example,,

I modified the skills trees,,

made modification on Items,, like changing the req levels,,

I also made modification on fomulas on the src/ folder especially on the skills,,

wherein if i updated the Server(for example if skills of rebellion were already released) definitely would update those locations on the server...

sorry noob here

thanks for any help anyway,,

Edited by kite5

2 answers to this question

is there a way I can update my database without touching those that I had edited??

bec the server has updates,, but i'm not doing it on my server because i might lost all the ones that I edited,,

Example,,

I also made modification on fomulas on the src/ folder especially on the skills,,

wherein if i updated the Server(for example if skills of rebellion were already released) definitely would update those locations on the server...

sorry noob here

Git is intelligent enough to update the files properly, in case it didn't, it would leave it as conflict, and you can resolve (edit) conflicted files with putty (using Linux) or tortoisegit.

Example,,

sorry noob here

Git is intelligent enough to update the files properly, in case it didn't, it would leave it as conflict, and you can resolve (edit) conflicted files with putty (using Linux) or tortoisegit.

oooh,, is that so,,,

wew,,

if that's the case,, its best to know how to use Git,,

wew

i only used it to download the Herc server,, but never knew what are its other uses,,

example,,

dont know what does "commit,, stash ,, pull push,, apply patch, submoduled update," means,,

when i right clicked my files there also a lot of commands aside from the Git Sync,, since i dont know what are they,, never tried to use them,,,

Example,,

sorry noob here

thanks about it,,

i got the gist of it somehow,,

commit means like save the changes permanently right??

pull means get the updates of the website,,

though i dont understand the push ones,,

and yes when there're some conflicts on the changes it notifies me,, need to manually change each of them,,,