Luffy

is there a way that i can specifically set the Ro Episode?

Question

is there a way that i can specifically set the Ro Episode or Easiest Way to set my Preffered Episode for my Server. that way i can't miss Npc/items/maps/monster/quest to be include on the Episode i want.

8 answers to this question

Nope you have to manually enter all dbs and npcs and dont use what doesnt match up to the episode you want to use :P

Nope you have to manually enter all dbs and npcs and dont use what doesnt match up to the episode you want to use :P

Hello, I am also working on this, I have found that rAthena revision 14775 (I am working with rAmod) matches with Episode 13.2 (or atleast most of it).

But I am not really sure on how to apply these changes.

I've downloaded this rAthena revision, but I am afraid that if I apply all the changes from Npcs, Quests, Database, Maps and all these stuff and getting a bug at the end or something like that.

Is there any procedure to apply the changes correctly?

Ty a lot for any help =)!

Like said there is no way to change the emulator to run episode 1, 2, 3 etc... It doesn't have settings to switch which Ragnarok episode you want to use. If you want to set a certain episode on Renewal of the New World, you would have to edit out the NPC's/quests/skills/everything just to match that episode, if you're using something below the New World/Renewal you'd have to make your server settings PRE-RE and take out the according NPC's/quests/skills/everything to match the episode you want to use. A lot of it is as simple as commenting out NPC's/items. Honestly why take out what's already out there? They're just going to go to a different server to play with the things they already know, but for a new player it would be exciting to find out more of what happens in the world of Ragnarok.

Honestly why take out what's already out there? They're just going to go to a different server to play with the things they already know, but for a new player it would be exciting to find out more of what happens in the world of Ragnarok.

I know what you mean, that's why as a future server owner I had to "research the market". Firstable, I wanted to make a Low Rate server, like good days but with new stuff... But these LR players didn't want the new stuff (they wanted a classic server). That's why I decided to make a MR because MR players are more likeable to see new stuff and content, and for MR servers the Episode 13.2 fits well (before renewal).

But I think that Pre-Renewal servers owners have to be innovative and add good content. It's good, cuz is really fun to code what you once imagine, and see it working =)

Well, forgeting that. I've found a topic in rAthena that says that if you set the server to Pre-Renewal, it changes to Episode 13.2, just before Renewal.

tQGHIpG.jpg

I think it works because, some monsters that appears in episode 13.3, I don't have them:

For example the Antler Scaraba, according to this Warp Portal Episode 13.3 Update. Which ID is 2085.

kQWjsoi.jpg

It says that doesn't exists.

But for Cornus, from 13.1 Episode, it exists.

3dKE5eO.jpg

So, by setting "Pre-Renewal" we are in Episode 13.2, just before Renewal.

Well, at least for me there is no need to downgrade my files =)

Honestly why take out what's already out there? They're just going to go to a different server to play with the things they already know, but for a new player it would be exciting to find out more of what happens in the world of Ragnarok.

I know what you mean, that's why as a future server owner I had to "research the market". Firstable, I wanted to make a Low Rate server, like good days but with new stuff... But these LR players didn't want the new stuff (they wanted a classic server). That's why I decided to make a MR because MR players are more likeable to see new stuff and content, and for MR servers the Episode 13.2 fits well (before renewal).

But I think that Pre-Renewal servers owners have to be innovative and add good content. It's good, cuz is really fun to code what you once imagine, and see it working =)

Well, forgeting that. I've found a topic in rAthena that says that if you set the server to Pre-Renewal, it changes to Episode 13.2, just before Renewal.

tQGHIpG.jpg

I think it works because, some monsters that appears in episode 13.3, I don't have them:

For example the Antler Scaraba, according to this Warp Portal Episode 13.3 Update. Which ID is 2085.

kQWjsoi.jpg

It says that doesn't exists.

But for Cornus, from 13.1 Episode, it exists.

3dKE5eO.jpg

So, by setting "Pre-Renewal" we are in Episode 13.2, just before Renewal.

Well, at least for me there is no need to downgrade my files =)

is that the hercules emulator? 13.2 is with trans job?

tsk. rAmod, i think thats the one with many bugs? @_@

but i need hercules . i <3 Hercules :D

better find someone who is well known on the episode of the server so he can basically tell what will remove and what will retain on the game.

Edited by Luffy

http://herc.ws/board/topic/3554-ragnarok-episode-timeline/

removing 13.2 and onward is kinda easy, but a little time consuming, most of it is outside source files, that is why I said "easy" :D

Edited by evilpuncker