Bite Marks

Cannot find login/char/map .bat

Question

I was installing my server to my desktop and everything went smoothly. MySQL tables have been initialized, conf files have been configured, but I keep getting this error no matter what I do:

Error:  Login-Server.bat is not recognized 

It does this with the other .bat files as well^^. Is it a compiler issue? Im using VS 13 for the Hercules-12. I used released instead of debug and ran it all with 0 Errors. 

Any help would be appreciated.  :wub:

13 answers to this question

I was installing my server to my desktop and everything went smoothly. MySQL tables have been initialized, conf files have been configured, but I keep getting this error no matter what I do:

Error:  Login-Server.bat is not recognized 

It does this with the other .bat files as well^^. Is it a compiler issue? Im using VS 13 for the Hercules-12. I used released instead of debug and ran it all with 0 Errors. 

Any help would be appreciated.  :wub:

can you screenshot, that would be much appreciable if you screenshot the error.

I think you need recompile again.

1. Open your Visual Studio and select 4 file in left column, ctrl+left click mouse (char,login,map,map-cache) and select clean selection

2. Change Debug menu on top table to Release

3. Select 4 file again in left column, ctrl+left click mouse (char,login,map,map-cache) and select rebuild selection

hopefully can help you

1. Open your Visual Studio and select 4 file in left column, ctrl+left click mouse (char,login,map,map-cache) and select clean selection

3. Select 4 file again in left column, ctrl+left click mouse (char,login,map,map-cache) and select rebuild selection

hopefully can help you

still not finding the files.

even when i launch the login-server.bat by itself, it closes itself instantly in 2 seconds 

hopefully can help you

even when i launch the login-server.bat by itself, it closes itself instantly in 2 seconds 

Open your Hercules-12.sln in your folder server.

Btw im using VS 2010 and i select Hercules-10.sln for recompile

hopefully can help you

Open your Hercules-12.sln in your folder server.

Btw im using VS 2010 and i select Hercules-10.sln for recompile

no i mean, when i launch the run-server.bet it cannot find the login-server.bat and the others

I'm using VS 2013 and compiled the Hercules-12 one. 

all 3 .bat files are in my folder but they close instantly when i launch them manually 

no i mean, when i launch the run-server.bet it cannot find the login-server.bat and the others

I'm using VS 2013 and compiled the Hercules-12 one. 

all 3 .bat files are in my folder but they close instantly when i launch them manually 

I think you need Re-installing and download again from https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules

Good Luck !

reinstalled multiple times. used tortoise SVN and git. Also downloaded from the 'download as zip' option on github. still having the errors :

Edited by Bite Marks

reseted the registery, nothing happened. still the same error. Does anyone have a .zip test server that they can share? sigh..... been having this problem for a week now