Igniz

Title System from RO2

Question

Simple like this:

The user completes a quest and obtains as reward a title that give him certain types of bonus (like str, agi, flee, etc)

And of course, everyone can see it.

It could manage a DB like this:

<ID>, "Title", <Color>, {Bonus} 15, "Atroce Hunter", 0xFF44FF, {bonus bStr, 2; bonus2 bSPVanishRate,10,1;} 

And could have a couple of commands (evil purposes included):

settitle, <ID>;getchartitle, <CharID>; 

In Action:

if(quest_12-1)  settitle, 15;end;if(getchartitle == 15)  mes "This is a real hunter!";close; 

Menu (the main idea):

if(title15)   set .@menu, .@menu+":Atroce Hunter";mes "What title do you want to switch?";select(.@menu)settitle, @option;close; 

Final 

Titles.png

It could be a powerful plugin, don't think so?

Edited by Igniz

11 answers to this question

Color is not possible, (maybe possible via client editing)

Char name is limited to 24 chars, so showing title is not of any use.

You can but you need client hexing and it won't be pretty...

I've done that before,and to override the 24 char name limite I hexed my client so it will display like [partyname] PlayerName, then, I use the "partyName" space to insert the title.

It works, yes but you are still limited to 24 char for your title name and I had a lot of bugs (when right clicking on a player trading/invite to party displayed the wrong name, party names where not displayed if player had a title).

And to answer you question, party name, guild name and guild position have the same lenght, 24 (and actually I think it's 23 since the last one is for the 0)

I tried this also before and i face numerous problems because of 23 character name limit of client.

What i did on my previous project, i used the partyname part to show titles for players.

Since some people like to see partyname instead of the title, i added @showtitle so they can decide if they want to show party or title for their chars.

Never had problems with it and you also don't need a client hex for it.

Edited by Ryuuzaki

What i did on my previous project, i used the partyname part to show titles for players.

Since some people like to see partyname instead of the title, i added @showtitle so they can decide if they want to show party or title for their chars.

Never had problems with it and you also don't need a client hex for it.

and how'd you done this?

i did it long time ago, for using guild rank title, you can switch guild title to achievement title and achievement back to guild title, if you choose achievement title, guild master cannot change your title in guild windows. ( only change if you set back to guild title mode ) if you are no guild, it will display title : title name. Like this one:

title1_zpsadbe474c.png title2_zps6327312a.png

Demo for: /showname and not

But i dont know how to create plugin, hehe... work well with rathena :P

Edited by gintoki