jinda002

Item Description Help

Question

Im trying to change the description of cards. but its still not changing ingame..

i edited almost everything from

grf file - 

idnum2itemdesctable

idnum2itemdesctable_RENEWAL

System/

itemInfo.lua

itemInfo.lub

itemInfo_RE.lua

itemInfo_RE.lub

help please.. I'm kinda new to all this thing .. thanks alot

5 answers to this question

The client version tells you which file you have to edit (idnum2itemdesctable or itemInfo - from rA's wiki : Renewal Clients <= 2012-04-10a & Main Clients <= 2012-07-10a use the .txt files version while clients above this date uses itemInfo).

As for itemInfo.lua versus itemInfo.lub, that depends on how you diffed your client ("Load custom lua file instead of itemInfo.lub", itemInfo.lub is the default one but it is recommended to use itemInfo.lua to avoid kRO updates overwriting your own file).

As for idnum2itemdesctable, it can be in any of your GRF or in your data folder if you've enabled the feature while diffing your client. You have to check your GRF order in that case (from data.ini) to see which one is read first (and the data folder is read before any GRF if enabled). I would recommended putting these files in your data folder because it's easier to edit and kRO updates won't overwrite your files.

There is indeed no itemInfo.lub/lua in GRFs normally.

What is your client version? You should also put those files (idnum2itemdesctable) in your data folder; it's easier to modify and update them.

Edited by Tokeiburu

What is your client version? You should also put those files (idnum2itemdesctable) in your data folder; it's easier to modify and update them.

Currently i cant check my client version.. (office).. ill reply to you ASAP.. 

idnum2itemdesctable in data folder.. you mean in grf?.. coz i believe thats the default destination

System/itemInfo.lub should be in RO Folder and not GRF.

yes, i edited it on RO folder not on GRF (I believe there's no iteminfo.lub on GRF) ..

still no luck.. ill try again after office hour..

P.S. im very very new to all this stuff.. sorry for every newbish questions. I tried searching first .. :D *swear*

Edited by jinda002

The client version tells you which file you have to edit (idnum2itemdesctable or itemInfo - from rA's wiki : Renewal Clients <= 2012-04-10a & Main Clients <= 2012-07-10a use the .txt files version while clients above this date uses itemInfo).

As for itemInfo.lua versus itemInfo.lub, that depends on how you diffed your client ("Load custom lua file instead of itemInfo.lub", itemInfo.lub is the default one but it is recommended to use itemInfo.lua to avoid kRO updates overwriting your own file).

As for idnum2itemdesctable, it can be in any of your GRF or in your data folder if you've enabled the feature while diffing your client. You have to check your GRF order in that case (from data.ini) to see which one is read first (and the data folder is read before any GRF if enabled). I would recommended putting these files in your data folder because it's easier to edit and kRO updates won't overwrite your files.

There is indeed no itemInfo.lub/lua in GRFs normally.

Build: Aug 6 2013 - 10:37:09

ver: 14.2.3

now i just need to figure out this "date folder".. is it on my game directory ? or the one on GRF

btw, item description remain unchanged

EDIT------------ Its suddenly working out of no where.. errr.. thanks?? i guess.. :D ahaha.. thanks guys... some wierd reason . iteminfo.lub works

Edited by jinda002