Dark8008

Why have to use ItemInfo.lub not idnum2itemdesctable.txt anymore?

Question

I remember before when i want to add new item, i just need add to idnum2itemdesctable.txt, accessoryid.lub and image of item. Now why have to use iteminfo.lub/lua to replace? I want to use old type, please help !

Edited by Dark8008

3 answers to this question

I remember before when i want to add new item, i just need add to idnum2itemdesctable.txt, accessoryid.lub and image of item. Now why have to use iteminfo.lub/lua to replace? I want to use old type, please help !

If you want to do this, use 2012 clients 

2012-04-10 and below clients uses idnum2itemdesctable, idnum2itemdisplaynametable, idnum2itemresnametable, num2itemdesctable, num2itemdisplaynametable, num2itemresnametable and itemslotcounttable.

2012-04-18 and above clients uses itemInfo.lua/lub

Format:	[itemID] = {		unidentifiedDisplayName = "read the table name",		unidentifiedResourceName = "sprite/act/texture filename when unidentified",		unidentifiedDescriptionName = {			"read",			"the",			"table",			"name",		}		identifiedDisplayName = "read the table name",		identifiedResourceName = "sprite/act/texture filename when identified",		identifiedDescriptionName = {			"read",			"the",			"table",			"name",		}		slotCount = 0~4,		ClassNum = viewID if headgear/weapon/robes(garment) put 0 if not				for headgear's viewID see accessoryid.lua				for weapon's viewID see weapontable.lua				for garment's viewID see spriterobeid.lua	}

PS: For me i'll use itemInfo.lua/lub rather using idnums because it's too hustle to open 7 text files rather open a single file.

Well, we follow kRO, we cannot control anything that's done to client , since kRO(official servers) release the client and we just use it to connect to pServers.

So asking why its so , is invalid xD.

If you want to use idnum tables, go with 2012-04-10 or lower clients .

(No way for newer clients to read idnum tables)