Mikhail von Hohenheim

[Help] Assistance in Server DB and Hercules DB Files

Question

Uhm, Well, I got a new PC, I installed again the tortoise and git, the wamp, and MySQL workbench,

but:

*previously on my PC the server files, (from github), has a green marking on it, and whenever i make modifications it will mark red the changes until i commit them,

>>>>>>but now,, its not showing anything,, even though I already installed tortoise again on my new PC, what I did is actually just export the file option from Tortoise and it became a Rar file,, then I extracted it on my new PC,,

so,, how can i have it like having the green markings again?? i mean if I pull request i dont know if it would work on the one on my new PC,, and worst might overwrite my modifications,, guide me please

** next is regarding the Workbench,, uhm,, on the old PC,, i tried to export the files( i dont know if that's how you can migrate the character database,, like logins,, characters,, inventory,, into a new PC),, but I'm getting errors,,

so,, need also help from this,, 

Edited by Mikhail von Hohenheim

2 answers to this question

As far as I know when you export it to a zip, you don't have it under version control anymore, so I believe the only way would be to do a new clone and overwrite files with your changes. When I have to backup my repo to use in another PC I zip the entire repo folder (as it contains .git folders which are used by git) by right clicking.

about mysql, I've never used workbench, but to migrate data exporting and reimporting should be enough, what is the error message?

As far as I know when you export it to a zip, you don't have it under version control anymore, so I believe the only way would be to do a new clone and overwrite files with your changes. When I have to backup my repo to use in another PC I zip the entire repo folder (as it contains .git folders which are used by git) by right clicking.

about mysql, I've never used workbench, but to migrate data exporting and reimporting should be enough, what is the error message?

uhm,, about the mysql,, i was able to migrate the accounts now,, it seems that the accounts for server is not setup that's why i was not able to migrate it,,

with the db,, i did as what you said,, it worked like magic,, i just zip it and copy then poof!!,, all the versions even the stashes are there,, thanks alot man,,

done with it,,