Sign in to follow this  
wallaby

Which files to copy?

Question

Dear all, thank you for your time looking at/into this:

I'm trying to add this plugin onto my server - noitem.c written by Annie. I managed to do it on my offline server using the guide, and the noitem.dll and the misc files were created, ran the emulator and it works! *happy*

The next step is, I want to do this for my online server as well, which runs on CentOS. Using the noVNC interface, I cannot really do much like what I did for my offline server.

Can anyone here be kind enough to advice me how to go about it, or I can just take a short cut and just copy the necessary files to the online server using FTP?

PS: I've tried to just add the entry in the plugin.conf file and copy the noitem.dll over into the plugin folder, but it doesn't work somehow hehehe

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by wallaby

4 answers to this question

PS: I've tried to just add the entry in the plugin.conf file and copy the noitem.dll over into the plugin folder, but it doesn't work somehow hehehe

in theory this should work ...

how it doesn't work ?

1. the server can't even start because it says .dll not found/corrupted ?

2. in the game the item still can use/equip ?

or forgot to uncomment HPMHook ?

in theory this should work ...

how it doesn't work ?

1. the server can't even start because it says .dll not found/corrupted ?

2. in the game the item still can use/equip ?

or forgot to uncomment HPMHook ?

Hi Annie, thank you for replying and sorry for not being clear.

The server can't start, meaning after I double clicked on "Start Server", normally the three server windows would appear, but after I uncommented the HPMHook and noitem in plugins.conf, those three windows appeared for a split second and they disappeared.

I got curious then, and looked into the plugins folder, and I noticed all the files there have the extension ".so", but noitem is in ".c"... Could that be the reason? If that's the cause, what can I do to make the noitem.c into noitem.so? Do I follow the guide on making plugin for gcc? If that's the case, I don't understand this phrase:

"run make plugins command at the root folder of Hercules"

I searched more about it, Dastgir said something about using PuTTY if I remember correctly, but I've no experience with PuTTY at all. Are you able to guide me on?

Thanks for taking time to look into this Annie. Love your work!